The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic installed!

motodude

Just got my Akra pipe from Revzilla (super fast shipping, love em).  Install was easy, only took about an hour.  VERY happy with the sound!  Instant masculine-ication, heheh.  I left the db killer in though, as I'm not sure if I wanna go as loud as this guy did:

I just can't figure why Yamaha wouldn't want this bike to sound this good! 

Note: if you install this pipe be careful of speed bumps...I just ground it on a tall one last night x(

Motodude, who had the cat in stock? I have my akra and just waiting to find a cat so I can install.
Cat?  What cat?  Only cat I know is the one in my backyard :D 

So the Internet experts saying it will throw your fueling off is a bunch of crap or did you have it tuned?
Just go ahead and throw it on dude. The difference in fueling with or without the cat will be very small. You can always throw the cat in real quick when you do actually find one. Or you can put that 100 bucks towards a dobeck performance EJK controller instead of buying the cat.

So the Internet experts saying it will throw your fueling off is a bunch of crap or did you have it tuned?
Feels PERFECT to me just as it is!  No tuning done.  Doesn't even pop or fart on trailing throttle.  I doubt if I will need a Power Commander at all unless i remove the db killer....

Feels PERFECT to me just as it is!  No tuning done.  Doesn't even pop or fart on trailing throttle.  I doubt if I will need a Power Commander at all unless i remove the db killer....

exactly what I've been saying about the M4 I put on my bike......just do it 

my stock exhaust pops quite a bit on decel in the lower RPM's. Don't wanna thread jack but am I the only one experiencing this?
That's harley-esque.  Have not heard anyone complain about that.  How many miles?  Maybe you do need to check throttle body sync? 
This does not fully apply to our bikes .. but take a look:

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/exhaust/decel-popping-causes-solutions/

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all. Just ordered a new Ti exhaust. Will try and do a quick post of the install when I can. No cat ordered.

Cheers.

Archived