The MT-07 Forum

My ride to Bear Mountain, Dude on Ducati goes down on a turn

Yury Lo

From what I saw you over shot the double yeller a few times, I cannot say enough about that or the duc missing the mark. From watching some of the lines being taken of those in front as well as how you float toward the center, ya really need to slow down a bit and stop thinking with the brains between your legs.  Just my opinion

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

No offense, but I agree with r1 on this.  I'm just a nobody, so take it with a grain of salt.  I personally wouldn't want to ride with or around any group like that.  The lines through the turns seemed reactionary versus setting up for the turns.  Too fast into turns means improper line exiting and entering following turn.  This left no alternative except to run wide on those s-turns.  I kept expecting a near miss with an oncoming car or worse head on with another biker.  Looks like a beautiful ride though.

Stay safe.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, r1limited said:

From what I saw you over shot the double yeller a few times, I cannot say enough about that or the duc missing the mark. From watching some of the lines being taken of those in front as well as how you float toward the center, ya really need to slow down a bit and stop thinking with the brains between your legs.  Just my opinion

I agree with your comment . I had other riders behind me and didn't want to ruin anyone's ride. Hence: why I let the other rider by. But you're right.

49 minutes ago, Yury Lo said:

I agree with your comment . I had other riders behind me and didn't want to ruin anyone's ride. Hence: why I let the other rider by. But you're right.

If I can offer some advise, riders behind you need to know when to pass when on the street.  If you are holding up a group move to your right wave then through in a straight and were it is safe, maintain your speed and stay focused on what is in front of you.  I noticed you let riders pass to your right and you went over the double in a corner.  Riding in groups it is always going to get fluids moving and balls growing.  Ride at your limit, this is learned and takes patience.  I do not like riding in groups unless it is riders I know and have experience with.  I will normally ride sweep until I get the feel of the group pace and there will always be those that simply will push the envelope and some that don't understand the envelope at all, those I stay 100% away from as they will either wad up or take you with them.

Anyway nice video, remaindes me of the 101 redwoods in NorCal

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived