The MT-07 Forum

Need advice on these mods !

Dustin Coffey

Dustin Coffey

Hello All,

I'm looking to make my 17' FZ-07 more capable on the weekends during canyon carving.

I'm looking at the Wood Craft Clip-Ons  from Revzilla. 

I just don't know what rise to go with. I think bigger is better because is the down position they will be more aggressive and during the week the up position will be more upright. 

To accompany the more aggressive bar I think the FZ-07 would benefit from rear-sets as well. I was thinking these Sato Racing Fz-07 Rear Sets would fit the bill nicely to avoid prematurely dragging pegs even with decent body position. 

Now what do you all think ? Do you agree ? Do you think this pursuit is in vain and I should have just bought a super sport ? have you done these mods. 

Thanks in advance

I'll toss a pick of "Heidi" in for fun. I hope the file quality doesn't suck due to the 1.95MB limit.  

Heidi On the mountain top

Have you modified your suspension yet?  I would think that would be the first thing to make it more capable at canyon carving.

Dustin Coffey
1 minute ago, JA50N said:

Have you modified your suspension yet?  I would think that would be the first thing to make it more capable at canyon carving.

Is there anything exceedingly wrong with the stock setup? It is a bit soft; however, In my limited 11 hours of pushing it in the twisties, I didn't notice anything horrible.  

It made a big difference to me.  Confidence level went up noticeably.  Most think the front dives a lot under braking and the rear is too soft.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Dustin Coffey said:

Hello All,

I'm looking to make my 17' FZ-07 more capable on the weekends during canyon carving.

I'm looking at the Wood Craft Clip-Ons  from Revzilla. 

I just don't know what rise to go with. I think bigger is better because is the down position they will be more aggressive and during the week the up position will be more upright. 

To accompany the more aggressive bar I think the FZ-07 would benefit from rear-sets as well. I was thinking these Sato Racing Fz-07 Rear Sets would fit the bill nicely to avoid prematurely dragging pegs even with decent body position. 

Now what do you all think ? Do you agree ? Do you think this pursuit is in vain and I should have just bought a super sport ? have you done these mods. 

Thanks in advance

I'll toss a pick of "Heidi" in for fun. I hope the file quality doesn't suck due to the 1.95MB limit.  

Heidi On the mountain top

Sounds like a good plan.  That is what I did first.  Then I did suspension.  The problem with a supersport is that it does not have the FZ-07 motor, which is what I love so much.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Dustin Coffey
5 hours ago, blackout said:

Sounds like a good plan.  That is what I did first.  Then I did suspension.  The problem with a supersport is that it does not have the FZ-07 motor, which is what I love so much.

I'm glad you think so and are speaking from experience. I will be putting those mods off till the spring due to the now 40-degree temps. I'm buying some heated gear. 

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Dustin Coffey said:

I'm glad you think so and are speaking from experience. I will be putting those mods off till the spring due to the now 40-degree temps. I'm buying some heated gear. 

To elaborate, I went inexpensive with drag bars at first, but they put my wrist in an akward position when hanging off the bike.  I switched to clip-ons and much better now.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived