Jump to content
Dustin Coffey

Need advice on these mods !

Recommended Posts

Dustin Coffey

 Hello All,

 

I'm looking to make my 17' FZ-07 more capable on the weekends during canyon carving.

I'm looking at the Wood Craft Clip-Ons  from Revzilla. 

I just don't know what rise to go with. I think bigger is better because is the down position they will be more aggressive and during the week the up position will be more upright. 

 

To accompany the more aggressive bar I think the FZ-07 would benefit from rear-sets as well. I was thinking these Sato Racing Fz-07 Rear Sets would fit the bill nicely to avoid prematurely dragging pegs even with decent body position. 

 

Now what do you all think ? Do you agree ? Do you think this pursuit is in vain and I should have just bought a super sport ? have you done these mods. 

 

Thanks in advance

 

I'll toss a pick of "Heidi" in for fun. I hope the file quality doesn't suck due to the 1.95MB limit.  

 

Heidi On the mountain top

 

Edited by Dustin Coffey
Photo Link to Imgur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JA50N

Have you modified your suspension yet?  I would think that would be the first thing to make it more capable at canyon carving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustin Coffey
1 minute ago, JA50N said:

Have you modified your suspension yet?  I would think that would be the first thing to make it more capable at canyon carving.

Is there anything exceedingly wrong with the stock setup? It is a bit soft; however, In my limited 11 hours of pushing it in the twisties, I didn't notice anything horrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JA50N

It made a big difference to me.  Confidence level went up noticeably.  Most think the front dives a lot under braking and the rear is too soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
12 hours ago, Dustin Coffey said:

 Hello All,

 

I'm looking to make my 17' FZ-07 more capable on the weekends during canyon carving.

I'm looking at the Wood Craft Clip-Ons  from Revzilla. 

I just don't know what rise to go with. I think bigger is better because is the down position they will be more aggressive and during the week the up position will be more upright. 

 

To accompany the more aggressive bar I think the FZ-07 would benefit from rear-sets as well. I was thinking these Sato Racing Fz-07 Rear Sets would fit the bill nicely to avoid prematurely dragging pegs even with decent body position. 

 

Now what do you all think ? Do you agree ? Do you think this pursuit is in vain and I should have just bought a super sport ? have you done these mods. 

 

Thanks in advance

 

I'll toss a pick of "Heidi" in for fun. I hope the file quality doesn't suck due to the 1.95MB limit.  

 

Heidi On the mountain top

 

Sounds like a good plan.  That is what I did first.  Then I did suspension.  The problem with a supersport is that it does not have the FZ-07 motor, which is what I love so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustin Coffey
5 hours ago, blackout said:

Sounds like a good plan.  That is what I did first.  Then I did suspension.  The problem with a supersport is that it does not have the FZ-07 motor, which is what I love so much.

I'm glad you think so and are speaking from experience. I will be putting those mods off till the spring due to the now 40-degree temps. I'm buying some heated gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
33 minutes ago, Dustin Coffey said:

I'm glad you think so and are speaking from experience. I will be putting those mods off till the spring due to the now 40-degree temps. I'm buying some heated gear. 

To elaborate, I went inexpensive with drag bars at first, but they put my wrist in an akward position when hanging off the bike.  I switched to clip-ons and much better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.