The MT-07 Forum

Hummm irobotamaha

r1limited

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/10/15/yamaha-motoroid-motorcycle-concept/

MOTOROID INDEED

Yamaha has teased the Motoroid, a new concept motorcycle that can interact with its rider thanks to trick artificial intelligence. Shown ahead of the Tokyo Motor Show, the bike packs native AI technology which Yamaha says can give its rider the experience of “kando”, the Japanese concept of deep spiritual inspiration and satisfaction.

As you can see above, the electric-powered Motoroid has battery cells that look like chrome canisters positioned beneath the seat, which itself comes with a radical racing-inspired design.

Yamaha will present 20 different concepts, one of which is the Motoroid, when the Tokyo Motor Show begins on October 27.

yamaha-motoroid-motorcycle-concept-011-1200x800.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I really do appreciate designers trying to stretch and experiment with new concepts...  But, I wish that they would start with practical parameters and then stretch without destroying rider comfort/operability.  Things that my amateur eye sees, though I could be wrong.

Ergonomics look way off.  I can't see how you could comfortably ride this machine.  

Is that a rear drum brake?!  I hope not.

Front fork travel looks to be 3, maybe 4 inches?

Low and forward center of gravity.  I'm not sure but wouldn't this make the bike slow to turn in and heavy in the turns?

Signals and lights.  All concept bikes omit them.  And then they look horrible once manufacture is considered.

Instrument display?  I'd love to see an integrated small windscreen with HUD type of system that could be customized to the rider's preference for size and location of information blocks.

All of that being stated.  I still wouldn't pass up a ticket to see the show. 😁

Is it electric? Looks like it is compressed air powered...

Forks are probably Hossak or similar so you can't tell by looking at them. Seating position isn't as bad as it looks as the hand position is above the seat level and the body is supported infront of the seat. Still I would have to try it before I was convinced.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 10/16/2017 at 1:06 AM, Zephyr said:

Is that a rear drum brake?!  I hope not.

I would think it's a electric bike and it looks like that would be the motor. No need for a rear brake as the motor takes its place and is used as a regenerative charge for the batteries.

You would still have to have a rear brake for stops at low speed and at rest on slopes.

If those are copper power cables They look like they would weigh more than the bike...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived