The MT-07 Forum

Need advice from M4 and/or Delkevic owners

Bigturbomax

So, i cant hear my bike running under me. Not cool. Most importantly others cant hear my bike running. I ride incredibly defensively and find the stealth factory exhaust to be challenging. Its bad enough that no one sees to you. I try my best to be seen, but I feel being heard would help! Anyway, i dont want to be stupid loud, reflash my PCM or drop a grand on an exhaust. Whatever i buy i WILL be keeping the baffle in and will have to make work with my saddle bags. Looking at the delkevik stainless system with 14" stainless can or the M4 slip on. The delkevic ill have to shorten the midpipe section slightly for clearance with my bags. So what i really want to know, how do either of these exhausts run on a stock tune with the baffles in? And how much louder than stock are they with the baffles in? Can anyone that owns either of these give some feedback?

I've got an M4 and I love the heck out of it. Its loud and has a great tone, but its not not stupid loud to the point of being annoying. And I think its around $400. I've heard the Akra exhaust and its about the same as the M4 in my opinion. Also, the M4 in Carbon looks awesome and its more of a shorty exhaust which I think looks best on this bike.

Overall on the M4: 10/10 would buy again and again.

I run the m4 on my bike I have about 6k miles on the pipe now and I ran it for about 2k with just the baffle in and it runs perfect stock. As long as you keep the stock airfilter and snorkel in the intake. The pipe is loud even baffle in. Baffle out you HAVE to wear ear plugs on long rides or I notice numbness in my ears. I commute 75 miles daily on mine. I like the feeling of the extra power I get baffle out or I would run baffle in. Baffle in sounds better to me its less obnoxious.i don’t know what kind of tune you have but mine pcv you will get some grumbling popping decel but it’s not the tunes fault. I put 3 on the 0 throttle column baffle in and no popping at all usually. And I put 8+ when I have baffle out. But no tuner stock baffle in you won’t get much popping like I said it runs decent no power losses or anything. 

11 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Are you running it with the baffle in or out? And are you tuned?

I honestly don't know if I have the baffle in or not, I just had my dealership install the exhaust when I got the bike. I don't have a tune and I have stock air filter with the snorkel in and it runs just fine. However, in the future i'm planning on removing the snorkel and having 2WDW flash the ECU for more power.

Ok, well a tune is lightyears away for me and i really just wanna hear my motor/have cagers hear my motor lol. So its good to know the M4 runs well if the baffle is left in. Im not looking for more power at all. Played that game too many times on too many vehicles, im done chasing that dragon. Does anybody have a delkevic set up???

• 2 weeks later...
Cody Castello

I run the M4 without baffle and it sounds amazing in my opinion. I am 21 and a marine so my amazing might be obnoxious to some. pretty quiet in my opinion around 3500-4000 rpm. 10/10 would recommend. sounds better than my buddy's fz-10 with the hindle exhaust

Anytime you change exhaust or intake it's always best to get it tuned for it. These bikes already run lean from factory to meet emissions standards, freeing up airflow in the intake or exhaust areas will only make it leaner. Even an aftermarket exhaust with the baffle in flows much more than the stock exhaust. I've cut my factory exhaust apart and it's amazing anything even comes out of it after seeing the catalytic converter that's in it. The holes are the size of a pin point.

• Premium Member
On 10/17/2017 at 7:02 PM, Bigturbomax said:

Ok, well a tune is lightyears away for me and i really just wanna hear my motor/have cagers hear my motor lol. So its good to know the M4 runs well if the baffle is left in. Im not looking for more power at all. Played that game too many times on too many vehicles, im done chasing that dragon. Does anybody have a delkevic set up???

I have a delkevik slip on, I think it's either 8 or 10 inches with a pretty short midpipe. It's fairly loud, but I wouldn't say obnoxious.

Everything went braap.

9 hours ago, hobbs said:

I have a delkevik slip on, I think it's either 8 or 10 inches with a pretty short midpipe. It's fairly loud, but I wouldn't say obnoxious.

Do you have any pictures of it installed? I have motech saddle bags and wonder about clearance.

• Premium Member

I don't have any pics on hand at this moment. I can dig one up later on. It was a kit offered by @Marthy a while back and it doesn't extend above the swingarm. It sits about where the M4 does.

Everything went braap.

Well, im still considering delkevic...meantime, my buddy at the dealership offered me a reasonable price for the yamaha/yoshimura system with the carbon cap and carbon FZ07 emblem. So thats a thought....still freakishly expensive tho...

Archived