Sign in to follow this  
dfhzcnc

New biker, NYC

dfhzcnc

Hey there:
  I just put my deposit on a white Fz-07 and I am going to get it this Friday.
  I am an international graduate student at Fordham U in NYC, can't wait to enjoy the riding.
  Since I am a new biker, this forum has a lot of useful information for me and I am trying to absor every bit of them! 

hippiebikerchick

Welcome dfhzcnc! There are lots of new riders here. Did you take the msf course?

Illegitimi non carborundum

dfhzcnc
Welcome dfhzcnc! There are lots of new riders here. Did you take the msf course?
Hi hippiebikerchick, I am going to take a two-day msf brc course on this Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully I will pass and get my license!  
  • Like 1

TwistedTorque
Hi hippiebikerchick, I am going to take a two-day msf brc course on this Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully I will pass and get my license!  
It's designed for you to learn, pass and have fun. No worries! Maybe I'll finally see another FZ on the road in NYC!

dfhzcnc
It's designed for you to learn, pass and have fun. No worries! Maybe I'll finally see another FZ on the road in NYC!
That's a relief, I am kinda nervous about that, Can't wait to meet you somewhere on the street!

biker2014
Hey there:   I just put my deposit on a white Fz-07 and I am going to get it this Friday.
  I am an international graduate student at Fordham U in NYC, can't wait to enjoy the riding.
  Since I am a new biker, this forum has a lot of useful information for me and I am trying to absor every bit of them! 

Welcome! Ive just started too, hoping to pick up an 07 in October when I get back to NJ. I quite fancy some night time riding through the city at some point!  
Good luck with your license. What country are you from?

jerryv
Hey there:   I just put my deposit on a white Fz-07 and I am going to get it this Friday.

Welcome! Ive just started too, hoping to pick up an 07 in October when I get back to NJ. I quite fancy some night time riding through the city at some point!  
I think I'd rather have a tank for riding the NYC streets at night.  Can't imagine how bad the potholes, taxi's and jay walkers must be.

Guru

Hi @dfhzcnc, great to see you here. Welcome. Like @biker2014 was asking, what country are you from being an international grad student if you don't mind me asking?

dfhzcnc

Thank you biker2014, I am from China. Night time riding sounds nice but you need to be careful! Tons of crazy drivers out there just like my home country.

dfhzcnc
Hi @dfhzcnc, great to see you here. Welcome. Like @biker2014 was asking, what country are you from being an international grad student if you don't mind me asking?
Hi Guru, I am from China.

Guru

Haha, I thought you were a Viking from Scandinavia or something, looking at your avatar !  (rofl)

mjh937

Welcome. You will like the MSF course. I did it a few weeks ago. We had two people who had never riden a motorcycle before and they both passed. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot too. Let us know how it goes and what you thought of it.

dfhzcnc

It is actually an old monk with a ridiculous strong body, but I like your version of explanation lol

• Like 1

dfhzcnc
Welcome. You will like the MSF course. I did it a few weeks ago. We had two people who had never riden a motorcycle before and they both passed. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot too. Let us know how it goes and what you thought of it.
 Good to hear that from you mjh937!
 The two-day course begins tomorrow and I am really excited about it! I will definitely share my experience when I finish! 
  • Like 1

Guru

Haha, he reminded me of Techno Viking !  :D

[video src=http://youtu.be/FwsntHcWiy4]

dfhzcnc

OMG,you're right!!! They look identical to each other..

pattybags

Hello there,

New rider from Brooklyn. Took the MSF classes, got my license and bought the FZ-07 in red. I got it for my daily commute. But let me tell you, riding in midtown is a scary thing. You are dodging taxis potholes and pedestrians. And 5 mph rush hour traffic really makes you learn the friction zone. When I get a little better I'll be splitting lanes and getting my swerve on. For now, I'm just taking it easy.

probie126

Hi dfhzcnc. I am from the Bx and I am also a new rider .