The MT-07 Forum

How Much do You Love Your FZ-07?

bornagainbiker

How Much do You Love Your FZ-07?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Overall how would you rate your FZ-07 on a scale of one to ten?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2017 at 1:24 PM, gregjet said:

I gave it an 8.

The chassis needs the tracer swingarm to get it closer to perfect, so the front is loaded better.

All that and it is still one of my favourite bikes ever...

If I don't look at it, its a 9. Its looks drop it to an 8.5...

I must agree about the FZ07 too-rearward weight bias ... that a 50-mm longer swingarm could make a BIG difference.

My Hordpower Airbox/Akra-Ti/PCV setup with ~78Hp is an absolute blast on the track!  But fast transitions in the esses at Sonoma (3rd gear) lift the front tire off the ground if I'm half-to-WFO. Those are SPOOKY!!!

If I back-off to ~1/4 throttle the front tire stays down. I could go faster if I could keep the throttle open DURING the fast side-to-side transitions.

Has anyone tried to fit a tracer swingarm on an FZ/MT 07? Not sure I wanna be first to try.

Anyone modded oem FZ swingarm to 50mm longer?

i-54XHPqf-X2.jpg

GBMD1731-X2.jpg

Yes, I just passed them BOTH braking into turn 9 chicane. :-)

Stealing the Group C kids' candy! ;-)

Catfish ...

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, catfish said:

My Hordpower Airbox/Akra-Ti/PCV setup with ~78Hp is an absolute blast on the track! ...

Stealing the Group C kids' candy! ;-)

Catfish ...

This is probably the combination I'll end up with.

Also, this reminds me, I gotta do another track day.

awesome video!

@catfish - that is a splendid picture :D I love it when us older blokes in well-used, not-the-latest-race-gear on a not-so-racy bike leave the lads and lasses with the latest and bestest everything behind. Oh, the shame 8) 

Reminds me of the days when I used to carry a kid in a chair behind me on my wife's step-thru bicycle, basket on the handlebars and all, riding in my normal street wear, going past people with beer guts but also 5,000 bucks worth of racing gear and lightweight racer bicycles. The silliest where those that tried to hang on to our tail :))

I'm gonna say,

Stock-7

Modded to my tastes (so far)-8.5

The things that take away from being a ten for me are the small fuel tank, turn signal/horn placement, seat, and some of the build quality.  In stock form, I'd say the suspension and off/on throttle transitions too but I went aftermarket to fix those issues and I knew about them before I bought the bike.  Replacing the seat is on my list of things to do and if I could find solution for the switches and extend the fuel range some more, it would be more like a 9.5.

It's a hell of a bike for the money and it'll likely have a permanent spot in my garage.

I gave it a 10 because even after a year I still peek in the garage at it and say “damn that’s a nice looking bike” 

Solid 7.

I was gonna say 8 but I occasionally want more top end so 7... Though I got the fz07 due to it being almost perfect for legal riding and the fact that I cant go crazy faster than legal speeds, so maybe it is 8..

My MT is parked in my shed, next to a 1953 Royal Enfield 700 in a poor state, my Virago scrambler and the Honda CB400SF I'm building. It just dawned on me that I never really look at it. I sometimes use its seat as a rack when I need some extra space, but other than that I do not notice it. The CB, though, before I plucked it apart, was a bike I would also cast a second - or third - glance at due to its beauty. But when it comes to riding, the MT is very exciting and the CB just blah.

Archived