The MT-07 Forum

New Forum Conideration

r1limited

I have seen these types added as "Crash Analysis" forums.  They are actually benificial to get second opinions on what happened or even the typical What Would You Do if ina a specicif cperdicament, like @Beemer thread on parking lot dingle berries or @faffi recent excusion.  The benefits are pretty clear as to help new riders understand situational awareness to vets WTF happened I was doing a stoppie and I slammed in a truck while looking at this chic with a huge car :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

One part of my job is incident / accident analysis to determine root cause. (I work in automotive engineering & testing). Sometimes I only have written incident reports and driver interviews. If I'm lucky, there's dash cam footage for corroboration. I see a lot of near misses on my 20 mile round-trip commute, as do many of our drivers. I encourage them to share what they see with each other to instill that situational awareness until it becomes automatic. This has been instrumental in reducing both at-fault and not-at-fault incidents. Just my two cents...

Archived