The MT-07 Forum

OTD is a good start, but what about financing?

cassecou

This is NOT advertized by the dealers, and I am sure it is totally based upon credit scores...but I bought mine with Yamaha financing at 3.49% for 72 months!

One of the sales managers I was working with at a dealership told me about it. I ended up buying from a different dealer and they claimed this financing didn't exist when I went to buy. When I stood up and threatened to leave...he suddenly "found" this deal. I will get more info on the bank when I dig up my paperwork. I sure hate the games that some dealers still play though. My buying experience left me with a bad taste but I got them to make the deal by being stubborn and not putting up with their @#$@^% at the end after I had accepted the OTD price...and then the sales manager/finance guy attempted to add in a bunch of fees and also tried to screw me on financing.

Just pulled out my paperwork. Confirmed. You can finance the 2015 FZ-07 at 3.49% for 72 months. This is through Synchrony Bank (formally GE Capital)
https://www.mysynchrony.com/merchants/powersports-financing.html

If there are any new potential buyers out there that want the best rate that will get you the lowest payments, make sure you ask for this. I had one dealer tell me about it in the beginning but the one I ended up purchasing from did NOT confirm that it was available and in fact said there was no such thing. He was trying to put me on a 5.99/36 month. It wasn't until I got up from his office and threatened to kill the deal that he looked on his computer and decided that it was in fact available. Beware of the games dealers will play on you right at the end of the sale as you are signing paperwork. Mine tried to slip in several "required" fees on me as he was shoving me paper after paper to sign "so he could get me out on my bike as soon as possible!" What a crock! Dealer "prep", doc fees, freight, loan origination/application fees, etc etc are all just devious attempts to get more $$ out of you. Don't fall for it and at the very least, negotiate and/or get up and walk out. I ended up at $7591 out the door total (including my state sales tax and license fees). They tried to get me to the tune of 8200 with the fees they were trying to slide in and not have me notice or justify by saying "we have to charge these and everyone gets them added"

I actually found the actual offer on the Yamaha page...they sure don't put it up as the initial deal
http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/webpromo/tall/pm.aspx

Applies to purchases of select new Yamaha Motorcycles made on a Yamaha Installment Financing loan account from 6/1/14 to 9/30/14. Maximum contract length is 72 months. Minimum amount financed is $5,000. Fixed APR of 3.49%, 5.99%, 8.99% or 13.99% will be assigned based on credit approval criteria. Monthly payments per $1,000 financed based on 72 month term are $15.41 at 3.49%, $16.57 at 5.99%, $18.02 at 8.99%, and $20.60 at 13.99%. Standard down payment requirement is based on credit approval criteria.

Hope this helps out any new potential buyers. Looks like it is ending in just over a week!

• Premium Member

I was offered 2.99% at 60 months. Ended up not getting it from the dealer after all however.

Everything went braap.

Also...if you are thinking of buying AND you are a Costco member, be sure and fill apply for a member quote. I used this in my negotiation in a state where no dealers were taking anything off MSRP and ended up saving around $500 more than any other quotes I had received locally from other dealers.

http://www.costcoauto.com/powersports/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fpowersports%2fdefault.aspx

Archived