The MT-07 Forum

New owner in Central Illinois

aircraftelectrician

aircraftelectrician

Hi all, new FZ-07 here in East Central Illinois. I've been riding for nearly 20 years and have long ago moved into bigger bikes. I currently have a Concours 1000 and it's a great touring bike, but 700 lbs is a lot to muscle around town for the ride to work and daily errands.

Well, the wife recently started riding and we bought a new Suzuki Boulevard S40 for her. I rode it and immediately remembered how much fun smaller and lighter bikes are. Of course the little 650 thumper just doesn't have enough power to keep me happy, so the search began for a commuter bike.

The search ended when I found the FZ-07, and I brought home a pearl white one a couple of weeks ago. It's so much fun my 6 mileround trip commute to work hasn't been enough and I've put over 500 miles on it in 2 weeks!

ATGATT-A helmet saved my life on 10-01-07!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome aircraftelectrician and congratulations! I'm happy to hear your wife rides too, that's great. Are you planning any mods?

Illegitimi non carborundum

aircraftelectrician

Thanks for the welcome. For now, the only mods I'm planning are a windscreen and some storage of some sort. After years of riding touring bikes, I miss the storage, and I really miss the windscreen at highway speeds.

I'm thinking the Ermax 39cm touring screen will give me the protection I want, and a GIVI E450 topcase mounted to a Hepco and Becker Sportrack in place of the rear seat will be enough storage for daily errands. My wife has already said she won't ride on the FZ with me, so if the rear seat won't be used, why not put a topcase there?

I might also add a rear hugger to help keep it clean and maybe a tail tidy to clean up the appearance, but neither of these are as important as the windscreen and storage.

I'm planning a 250 mile ride tomorrow, and I'll be taking the Concours just because it has a bit of storage and a windscreen. If the FZ already had the screen and topcase, the Concours would be left behind in the driveway except for those times my wife wants to ride on the back instead of on her own bike.

ATGATT-A helmet saved my life on 10-01-07!

• Global Moderator

Howdy @aircraftelectrician, great to have you on board! Nice to see another white one ;)
You can't beat the light weight of the 07, they are so much fun.

Archived