The MT-07 Forum

Prototype for that blasted horn!

sansnombre

As many of us do, I hate where the tiny horn button is located, so I worked up a prototype and 3D printed it. It's not ideal, and needs a tweak or two, but the concept is sound. I'm going to ride with it for a few weeks, then tweak it as necessary (aesthetics too - a bit chunky at the moment) to get it ready to ride with.

The initial test is great, but the button sits too high at the moment. Also the button needs to be more svelte to give proper turn-signal access - not bad now, but could be better.

Once the final one is complete, I'll post it up.

Still thinking about re-wiring the entire unit so that the high-flasher also sets off the horn. But haven't got to it yet.

HornPrototype (2).JPG

HornPrototype (3).JPG

HornPrototype (4).JPG

HornPrototype (6).JPG

HornPrototype (7).JPG

• Premium Member

Can't wait to see what you end up with! 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I think it needs to be in a natural place, i.e. where it usually is. This looks a great idea. But so does making the indicator do the horn too (wonder Yam didn't think of that).

Just do it! 

Just my opinion but cutting off th pin that holds that entire unit in position is a lot easier?  you can then move and position as needed.

But nice your thinking of the stubby thumb people ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived