The MT-07 Forum

Skunkworks

mossrider

Well had to start some place. So, glass repair it is...

the rear end of the subframe punched through the tail section. This can happen when you ball slap the tail bouncing over curbing. Not recamended as it's hard on the tea bag, I mean the tailsection.

IMG_20171001_151648362_resized-2.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First pic shows preliminary glass work. This one after some more work and a coat of primer. Not too bad considering it's a track tool and like the tool that rides it, not worth a lot of cosmetic work.

IMG_20171007_185315741_resized.jpg

• Premium Member

did cheech and chong stop by?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The bike now has about 2900 miles on it from 2 seasons on track.  Sttill running original clutch but did put a new DID erv3 chain on before the endurance race. Kept the take off as a spare as they are easily removed/replaced without breaking them. I think I may be developing a hoarding problem however,

IMG_20170925_194447053_resized-2.jpg

• Premium Member

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Have you noticed a need for a steering damper yet?  I see AP Motoarts is now including an attachment point for one on their fairing stay.  Also, have you reduced your steering throw.  I read some racers do this on their race bikes to limit tank slappers and help reduce the chance of the bike flipping as it slides on the ground from a crash.  Just stuff I read about as I am still learning as I go. :)

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Just now, blackout said:

Have you noticed a need for a steering damper yet?  I see AP Motoarts is now including an attachment point for one on their fairing stay.  Also, have you reduced your steering throw.  I read some racers do this on their race bikes to limit tank slappers and help reduce the chance of the bike flipping as it slides on the ground from a crash.  Just stuff I read about as I am still learning as I go. :)

Just now, blackout said:

Welcome to the club, I'm still learning too! 

I have not run into 'a need' for a damper yet mechanically. I've yet to encounter any headshake or wierdness from the front. Although some race organizations do 'require' them per their rules.  

I did limit my steering throw but not those reasons. I did it to keep my bars (more specifically the levers) from hitting the inside of the fairing cut-outs. 

• 1 month later...

Talked to my speed shop and since I was naughty this year Santa only sent Spears cams, stage 1 ported head and valve job, Hord's intake, Wiseco hi-comp piston kit, dyno work and AP's race tranny upgrade w/under cut and shimmed gears. 

Bwaa...😢

😈

• Premium Member

Sounds like a good way to build a Motoamerica twins engine!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

The buds in that pipe bring a Christmas song to mind.

Dashing through the snow

copping a good buzz

doing crazy things

cause that's what refer does

582440i_ts.jpg

I know, I'm so bad, I surely must have smoked the devils smoke at one time or another to do this, yes? Burn me at the stake! I'd also make a great yule log when I'm dry!

Beemer

12 hours ago, pdt155 said:

how much was it for the AP race tranny upgrade?  Probably next season I'm going to be needing that.

Won't know for sure till we get it apart and see what we need to put it back in spec. I'm not sure what he charges for a full tranny. 

3 hours ago, mossrider said:

Won't know for sure till we get it apart and see what we need to put it back in spec. I'm not sure what he charges for a full tranny. 

Alright sounds good, I had been trying to get a hold of Andy for some time, PM me if you can and let me know how best to get in touch with him these days.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, pdt155 said:

Alright sounds good, I had been trying to get a hold of Andy for some time, PM me if you can and let me know how best to get in touch with him these days.

"Andy Palmer of AP MotoArts/MotoShop will join Altus Motorsports as Service Manager and move the FZ07R program to Oklahoma"

link for more:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/altus-motorsports-hires-andy-palmer-as-service-manager-acquires-fz07r-program/

• 5 months later...

Well, as we all know life has a way of kicking us in the arse from time to time. My apologies for this long overdue update. We ran into life this winter but are still slogging along with the hope of making the Road America round of Moto America in 2 weeks time. This pic was today, with hopes of being on the dyno for a spec fuel tune Monday or Tuesday next week. If the Yamaha doesn't happen for some reason we have my buddies Suzuki SV prepped and ready to go. All apps/credentials/fees and documents are in place! This will be our first trip to center ring, not bad for a couple of booger eaters. Since I am too old for a motoamerica license my buddy the filthy flying mexican, seen elsewhere is this forum, will be piloting our attempt. He's a faster/better racer anyway. To answer a couple previous thread questions; tranny fix I believe was $380, shooting for mid-upper 80's hp for a good balance of reliability and performance. Cheers?

IMG952018051895115619681.jpg

22552662_1947996792135069_5249452984940004410_n.jpg

You can do it, I was putting the motor in the frame in a van on 101 heading to sears point, door swung open and out popped a fresh TR3/R5 for round 1 AFM: Point is keep wrenching you still got time.

Best of Luck to you and Team

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally picked it up from the engine builder. Red line was as raced in 2017 in supersport trim, blue line is current superbike tune. 4 hours sleep then off to Road America and as r1 pointed out a couple hours to go from club racer spec to big show spec in back of trailer. What's the hurry?

temp.jpg

This is with a modded stock airbox in keeping with MA rules, hence the fall off nearing 10,000rpm. With the Hord box it pulls harder, longer but it would not be Moto America legit. Still gonna be a beast on a track that rewards motor. Race is going to be facebooked live from track monitor, check champ racing or AP motorarts pages for feed. Fingers crossed to get through tech, practice, qualifying, and Saturday afternoons race. 😀

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, mossrider said:

This is with a modded stock airbox in keeping with MA rules, hence the fall off nearing 10,000rpm. With the Hord box it pulls harder, longer but it would not be Moto America legit. Still gonna be a beast on a track that rewards motor. Race is going to be facebooked live from track monitor, check champ racing or AP motorarts pages for feed. Fingers crossed to get through tech, practice, qualifying, and Saturday afternoons race. 😀

Yup, kinda thought the Hord box would have issues passing after reading the rules.

Good luck, wish I had the time to drive down and watch.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

"Booger eaters", "filthy flying Mexican". This is starting to sound like a comedy skit right out of SNL and I like it!

Beemer

Archived