The MT-07 Forum

Heads Up Display

Andy Kenoff

Hello, new to the forum.  Just picked up my 2017 FZ07 and am really excited to see that there's such an active forum with tons of great info.

Wondering if anyone has tried any Heads Up Displays for their helmet yet?  I've noticed that checking my speedo is just feeling kind of impractical since it's so far out of my line of sight. 

Mostly I just take it for granted that I'm not speeding excessively when I'm going just a little faster than the flow of traffic, but I've also caught myself going to slow a couple times when I'm the only person on an open road.  Guess that's because I'm used to a full fairing bike.

• 3 weeks later...

HUD's are the way to go. Fighter pilots have them for very good reasons. They work and require the least wasted time getting visual information.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

There are cycling Hud's? Any links or what they are called. Cycling helmets will be a problem as they have little mass, so will move around a lot more though. Very interested to see how they executed them.

Yes decent implementation is always a caveat on anything. But if the idea gets here then improvements will follow. Perfect intiial execution rarely happens on the first attempts.

Reliability and transferability are two big issues that will need to be addressed, besides the obvious stuff like accuracy and legibility.

• Global Moderator

The Nuviz is the only motorcycle HUD I know of, unless the SKULLY actually happens this time around.  From what I have heard the Nuviz unit is very large and has to be positioned fairly low so the visor can open.  I am curious to actually see one though. 

They need to work with perscription galsses to be of use to me as a wearable. And I want speed, revs, distance and engine temp would be nice , A GPS direction system would be good but we already have that in pretty good forms ( OK motorcycles need some cheaper ones at present. ). Because projectors are supposed to be at virtual infinity they also have to be focus adjustable.

The garmin one looks useable for the car though.

3 hours ago, gregjet said:

They need to work with perscription galsses to be of use to me as a wearable. And I want speed, revs, distance and engine temp would be nice , A GPS direction system would be good but we already have that in pretty good forms ( OK motorcycles need some cheaper ones at present. ). Because projectors are supposed to be at virtual infinity they also have to be focus adjustable.

The garmin one looks useable for the car though.

I have the Recon Jets.... they're shet.

I also need glasses now, so I can't test them on the motorbike anyway.

Archived