The MT-07 Forum

Woolich Racing flashing / do it yourself?

kjata

I had my bike flashed at the dealership and from my understanding, they use Woolich Racing software to do so. To do it, you need to spend $100 for the bin file.

Since then, I've been having a slew of problems with my bike and my dealership and I had more or less a falling out. I found another reliable technician who works out of his home and he thinks that the ECU flash is causing some of my problems. Regardless if it is or not, he wants to take a look at what configurations the dealership has made.

We know that Woolich sells some cables / harnesses to DIY, but my question is, what do I need to buy and where do I buy it?

I know I need some cables and my tech thinks I need a Denso box. I'll likely have to buy the stock bin file again and my tech already has an account with Woolich as well as the software that would be needed.

Now second question:

Since the ECU has already been flashed with woolich, would I be able to send it to say.. 2WDW to flash it a second time using different software to correct any problems that I think I might be having? How many times can an ECU be reflashed? Infinitely?

• Premium Member

2WDW is familiar with WoolichRacing. ..they tuned my FJ-09 with it...

What problems do you have?

ECU can be flashed as many times as needed...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

The problem likely rests inside my power commander, but still my tech wants to take a peak at the configuration in the ECU.

I'm noticing that the bike runs erratically and suddenly differently. Like for example, after the flash the bike was running smooth for a year or so. All of a sudden, the bike is almost like stock again. With very strict engine braking.

We had a custom map inside the power commander which resolved a lot of issues, until one day I noticed a garbling exhaust sound and the bike almost was very hesitant to move when applying throttle. This consistently happened in 2nd and 3rd around 5k rpms. Took it to my tech and he looked at the PCV, "dude did you tamper with your map? Half of it is gone, all of the values I adjusted are zeroed out." Slapped together a quick map and that problem disappeared.

Or so I thought. Now it happens around 3k rpms when shifting TO 2nd. Infact, applying throttle right after shifting almost feels delayed. And thus because there is a second where the bike doesn't pull, when it does register throttle is being applied, you get a nice jerk forward. This used to be smooth as butter. Perhaps the map disappeared again?

Tech states that he notices that my TPS is constantly outside of spec voltage and that a lot of times it seems to have a mind of its own changes values constantly. As if someone is rolling on and off, despite no one touching it.

Sometimes the bike just flat out stalls - In neutral. I had a rough idle problem before somewhere on the forum, but we corrected it with tweaking the map and using dynojet auto tune to fix the problem on the fly.

Bike is a complete mess. Part of me is just thinking of getting a new ECU and starting over.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kjata said:

Tech states that he notices that my TPS is constantly outside of spec voltage and that a lot of times it seems to have a mind of its own changes values constantly. As if someone is rolling on and off, despite no one touching it.

this would be my first problem to tackle...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Well we're going to look into all of that. I want 2WDW to be my second to last resort or buying a new ECU as my final resort.

Before the topic gets side tracked with possible solutions, I just want to know how can I flash the ECU on my own and start over. Like what cables / box / harnesses is needed.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kjata said:

Before the topic gets side tracked with possible solutions, I just want to know how can I flash the ECU on my own and start over. Like what cables / box / harnesses is needed.

My best advice is to contact Anthony @ Woolich to put together a DIY kit if you go that route, last I checked there was a few ways to go about it...

Woolich was very helpful to me and 2WDW when we did my FJ-09... I was gonna buy the DIY kit but we got to talking and it was best for me to send my ECU to 2WDW as they had a donor bike w/same exhaust I wanted... 

*** side note...my ECU was reflashed prior to installing a PCV and found out the PCV will try to lean out the "deceleration injection" if they was turned back on with the reflash(OEM settings has em off), took me a few months to figure it out because each time I accepted new "trims" the fueling would get worse and worse each time accpeted new "trims"... so I had to send my ECU back to have the "deceleration injection" turned off...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived