The MT-07 Forum

No More FZ's?

mjh937

I think the article was confusing

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

When you think about it the Fz model has refered to a different type of bike for quite a while. The MT logo fits the bike better. I was quite surprised when they used the FZ title in the USA. I think it is the only place it is used ( correct me, if necessary)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

As I understood it, 'MT' meant nothing in USA whereas 'FZ' did. MT outside US was already established in some countries for torquey bikes. Wouldn't a change now just confuse?

I am looking forward to the revised 07; we should see it around 5 November (EICMA opens in Milan)

Just do it! 

I believe it never went to US. The MT owners club was/is mainly for MT-01 and that's the source.

Just do it! 

"What’s in a name? That which we call a rose,
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet - Act II Scene II

• 2 weeks later...

If they changed the model to MT over here I wouldn't care, at least the MT means something ("Master of Torque") , although I like to say "monster torque" instead. I have no clue what FZ stood for. 

Beemer

"I have no clue what FZ stood for. "

Fuzzy suspension I think...

Then there is the confusion between the USA and Canada. In Canada they are the "F-zed" and USA is "F-zee"

But i agree it should be under one name. Why have two different names when they are the same bike. Maybe because

"MT" could mean nothing (MT = empty) in North America?

2017 Yamaha FZ-07
2014 Yamaha BWS125

I wonder if the FZ name doesn't also contribute to the crazy insurance premiums the give these bikes. 

Boggles my mind they didn't just call the bike MT worldwide...

• Premium Member

I like the MT name...

"Master of Torque" or "Mistress of Torque"... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Mistress of Torque...hmmmm...conjures some unusual images...or is that just me...

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, gregjet said:

Mistress of Torque...hmmmm...conjures some unusual images...or is that just me...

Umm err it's just you.... really... :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

From a noob perspective. Its better under one name as it would be easier for us to google it around 😉. But i have to thank fellow Fzs In the states, they make most of the how-to with the 07 and makes my life easier. So, thanks FZs 👏

I hurd from a guy that knows a guy whos has a uncle that lives with a gal, whose aunts mom, said she was talking to her BFFFFF over hurd a client saying that his brothers, moms, uncle, aunt who was a hooker too that works these shows, say that she hurd from this client too that Yamaha will be showing a electical three winged turbo thinga-ma-bob do hicky

Man I cant wait

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2 hours ago, faffi said:

But now Yamaha is proclaiming "Pioneers of Emotion" .  And they are streaming their big announcements today live from Italy. It will be streaming on our Facebook page at noon Pacific Time Zone.

Archived