The MT-07 Forum

Front Sprocket

norcal616

• Premium Member

On my FJ-09 the OEM front sprocket caused clunky bass like vibrations when the chain makes contact with the rubber noise damping thingy...so my solution was to run a plain jane steel sprocket w/o the rubber noise damping thingy... now the vibrations are barely noticeable compared to the OEM front sprocket...

my question is this, has any FZ-07 owners swapped the front sprocket with an aftermarket sprocket of same tooth count? I got one on order as well as a new rear sprocket and chain since they are 16k miles old,  I would use the one from my FJ-09 for a few quick test rides but its one tooth smaller... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I will be going with a Vortex front rear 520 kit this winter.  I notice no noise outside that ridicules 2 inch of slack

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Running vortex 17/44 520 conversion from Bellisimoto....no issues and no slack with auto tensioner. May narrow stock 43t. rear down to 520 width to give 17/43 a try. It's nice to have first gear run out a little further.

Archived