The MT-07 Forum

Hordpower Airbox

norcal616

• Premium Member

I did a quick search and found no threads on the Hordpower Airbox...

So I figured I would start a new one:

Hordpower.com

This airbox replaces the restrictive stock airbox which makes the FZ-07 feel flat in power above 6k rpms and lets it pull all the way to redline... 

I have ran this airbox rain or shine with no problems for almost 10k miles...for a little while I was running this with the LeoVince exhaust and never could get a proper tune going myself w/o the aid of a dyno machine...learned quite a bit about tuning the bike and now I wil be able to apply them lessons when my new Yoshimura exhaust comes in...

Hordpower has some maps available for the PCV or ECU reflashing or stop by his shop in Ohio and get a dyno tune...

IMAG0161.jpg

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I just placed my order for a penske shock from hord but I have been seriously considering this too. Mind saying a little more about it? I'm still on the stock exhaust. 

Actually there were quite a few threads on that box, from Hord himself even.

Maybe they got lost during the recent transfer to the new layout?

• Premium Member

some infomation I pulled from https:/Hordpower.com

Introducing the custom airbox we have designed for the Yamaha FZ-07!  We put a lot of dyno testing into this, and tuned it to deliver a good overall spread of power with nice gains past 6000 rpm.  (and no losses down low)  Where the stock bike falls on its face at 8000, with this airbox it will keep pulling to redline.  We have seen gains of around 4hp on stock engines, and 6hp on modified engines, compared to the stock airbox.  You will need to remap the bike, utilizing a PCV or Flash Tune ECU flash.  (we can help with this, contact us)  For "offroad use only."  Limited availability at this time, we may or may not have it in stock.  It's best to call if you need one in a hurry.
These are now hard anodized black, instead of the silver shown in the picture. ** We do have a matching ECU flash available for the airbox and several different exhausts. $225 with the purchase of an airbox. Email for details. **

• Thanks 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

FZairbox 002.jpg

*Housing is actually black 

FZ-07airbox 008.jpg

15724517_10154220279483225_8788781099193838014_o.jpg

Green- Hordpower Airbox, Yoshimura exhaust and tune

Blue- tune and Yoshimura exhaust

Red- stock

• Premium Member

Now if you want even more power, Hordpower can do some head work, new intake cam, Hordpower airbox and add some hi-comp pistons for approx 90whp! 

FZ-07SB1.jpg

Yoshi(blue) vs the full works! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, sansnombre said:

Actually there were quite a few threads on that box, from Hord himself even.

Maybe they got lost during the recent transfer to the new layout?

Why so? Nothing to lose being a supporting vendor. maybe theres more to it than I know! 

1 hour ago, fzar said:

Why so? Nothing to lose being a supporting vendor. maybe theres more to it than I know! 

He said that he just wasn't getting enough orders from the forum. So, if ya call or email him, please mention the forum and maybe he will come back.

i don't charge vendors very much compared to other forums. 

• Premium Member

A lot of stuff gets sold via "word of mouth" on this forum 

It's a well thought out solution to the stock airbox- ppl are still trying to make the stock airbox perform like the Hordpower Airbox- the stock airbox is well thought out to combat "intake noise" and provide enough air for the motor at the expense of mid to upper rpm performance...I can feel the weight loss from not using the stock airbox when you start moving the bike around at speed...

The biggest hurdle I have encountered is some comments prior to the forum upgrade that made ppl uninterested in purchasing the Hordpower Airbox that are related to " ooo it's an open airbox your gonna suck all in that water!" - the Hordpower airbox has not given me or anyone I now of that has the Hordpower Airbox any water related troubles, so please refrain from cluttering up this thread up about that... Yes I do put a plastic bag over the Airbox when I wash my bike

I have some experience in trying to create my own tune for the Airbox but did not get the results I wanted due to the fact that the " Decel Injection gets turned on via the 2WDW tune I had prior to installing the Airbox" the PCV thinks it's running rich when you let off the gas and wants to lean it out... Hordpowers PCV map is built off the OEM fueling using a Yoshimura Exhaust...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

back of airbox...I dont not feel comfortable posting pics of the inside of the airbox since Hordpower website also does not show the inside of the airbox and bell mouths... its a KN airfilter...

20171002_192500.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

thanks for the

On 10/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, norcal616 said:

It's a well thought out solution to the stock airbox- ppl are still trying to make the stock airbox perform like the Hordpower Airbox- the stock airbox is well thought out to combat "intake noise" and provide enough air for the motor at the expense of mid to upper rpm performance...I can feel the weight loss from not using the stock airbox when you start moving the bike around at speed...

thanks for the info. how much louder than the stock airbox is the new one?
Definitely considering it but it's also gonna be around $500 with the ECU flash.

I wouldn't mind some more power midrange though.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, i28 said:

thanks for the

thanks for the info. how much louder than the stock airbox is the new one?
Definitely considering it but it's also gonna be around $500 with the ECU flash.

I wouldn't mind some more power midrange though.

I dunno- but with my hearing loss your asking the wrong person 

Contact Hordpower for the answer and what your looking for...

I'm interested in the Hordpower airbox.

I remember some members had difficulty removing the standard airbox intact - is it possible at all with the engine in situ?

It would be preferable to me that it be removed intact, so it could be put back in place in future.

• Premium Member

yes it can be removed without dropping the engine... takes a bit of patience... I will try to find my instructions hidden amongst the junk in my garage 😵

On 10/1/2017 at 7:55 PM, Cruizin said:

He said that he just wasn't getting enough orders from the forum. So, if ya call or email him, please mention the forum and maybe he will come back.

i don't charge vendors very much compared to other forums. 

I'd definitely come back if the orders make it worthwhile!  This is a good forum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

J.D. Hord

I certainly understand and had to evaluate the ratio of cost and orders as an ex vendor myself (Not this site) as well as a forum owner the value to cost ratio is high especially when you have to compete with big storediscounts like bike bandit as example.  The problem is people do not understand the concept of the bulk ratio cost that a mom and pop just cannot do.  Getting an order of 100 pairs of Dunlop Q3s as example then offering them ad unbelievable prices still making money copmpared to the guy who orders 2 or 3 is a huge gap in pricing.  I would rather build my own airbox then pay 300, but thats me and other people would and have.  BUt I support the mom and pop, I support the ones who support us, that actually need forums such as this, but I have also seen the darker side of those mom and pops

Just my 07 cents worth

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Your airbox is an awesome product. And is talked about on the fz07 Facebook groups because of the exposure that you had gotten here.

i think the thing that may effect orders is some people didn't understand how to remove their airbox so maybe got hesitant to order. 

• Like 2

digitalsteve
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Your airbox is an awesome product. And is talked about on the fz07 Facebook groups because of the exposure that you had gotten here.

i think the thing that may effect orders is some people didn't understand how to remove their airbox so maybe got hesitant to order. 

There's that and the fact that I ride in the pissing rain sometimes... so it's hard to get the negative comments out of my head sometimes.

It looks like an awesome product.

I'd love to hear a recording of the increased induction noise.

5 hours ago, hordboy said:

I'd definitely come back if the orders make it worthwhile!  This is a good forum.

@hordboy, i contacted you on FB and ordered your airbox to Australia. However i found out about your product and read on this forum, as did may of my other friends who then made contact with you by other means.. your website or FB. I think this forum really is the best resource for MT/FZ 07 information on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

digitalsteve
8 minutes ago, michael said:

@Horboy, i contacted you on FB and ordered your airbox to Australia. However i found out about your product and read on this forum, as did may of my other friends who then made contact with you by other means.. your website or FB. I think this forum really is the best resource for MT/FZ 07 information on the internet.

Same, I'm Aussie and found out about it here as well.

Yet to order... but I'm on the verge. I loved all the info; I just searched the forum and can't find much about Hordpower stuff now.

• Thanks 1

Not many people have them In Australia. But reading the forum gave me the confidence to go ahead and purchase. Spoken to a few aussies who also purchased based on the experiences they had read on this forum. I appreciate as a vendor it would be difficult to keep track of these referral pathways. I was originally put off and concerned about the completely open design however it was a thread on here that convinced me it's not so much an option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

digitalsteve
Just now, michael said:

Not many people have them In Australia. But reading the forum gave me the confidence to go ahead and purchase. Spoken to a few aussies who also purchased based on the experiences they had read on this forum. I appreciate as a vendor it would be difficult to keep track of these referral pathways. I was originally put off and concerned about the completely open design however it was a thread on here that convinced me it's not so much an option. 

Got any video of the induction sound?

Does it go fine in the rain? I'm down in Tassie, so that's really important.

I don't usually ride in pissing down rain so can't comment on that. But your legs shield it a fair bit. At the same time i also installed a pyramid rear hugger. It drops way down more then standard to protect the shock/open airbox design and stops water spray working its way up. Someone on the MT07 aussie FB group had a special cloth cover for the airfilter which looked good. It's a K&N filter so it's probably just a cover for that.

• Like 1