The MT-07 Forum

New fz07 owner, returning rider.

Bigturbomax

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and sort of introduce myself. Have had a few crummy bikes that I learned to ride on in the beginning but learned alot and had a ton of fun. My last real street bike was a 94 katana 600 that saw 12,000 amazing miles during my ownership and I havent ridden daily in about 6 years. Yeah, i was a cager for a long time haha. Anyway, the bug bit and Ive been itching to ride for about a year now. After talking it over with the wife (she's the best) i decided to buy a bike :). With good fortune my wife's only request were that I get good gear and that I buy new to have a reliable bike(yay!). Im a professional auto tech and she didnt want me to have another vehicle that needed a ton of wrenching to enjoy. So after reading a ton of reviews and watching a bunch of videos i honed in on the FZ07 as the perfect bike to both get me back into riding and to ride long term. I want to thank everyone on this forum because in my internet searches I stumbled on this site many times before purchase and gained a wealth of imformation and opinions from owners. So in a way, you fine ladies and gents helped me decide that this was the bike for me.  I bought my 2017 in matte silver on september 13th. At 300 miles now and constantly trying to add more (been raining all week tho, boo). Glad to be here, glad to be riding again and look forward to sharing fun rides, lessons learned and cool mods! 

Oh yeah, obligatory photo! I already added a Givi windscreen and SW motech saddle bags. Radiator grill/protector is on the way!

20170927_202153-3024x1701.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome back to riding. 😎 

Glad the wife let you join us again. 😝

What part of the country are you from anyways?

Oh, i didnt think to mention it haha! Im in central Texas, Georgetown to be precise. Just north of Austin so hill country riding is around the corner 😄

It's nearly impossible to stay away from riding if you've ever spent much time in the saddle. Congrats on the new bike! Do you have any other pictures of the windscreen? Like, how far it sits away from the bars? I've had my eye one those lately. 

p.s.- I have the same saddlebags. Might think about popping some rubber plugs on the tips of those stabilizer bars. I don't know about yours, but mine were very sharp. Worried me that they might cut through the bag. 

Yeah, i can get some pictures up from different angles of the windscreen later. I was planning on doing a write up/review of it after i got a few more miles behind it. I will say this for now, it transformed the bike for me and I feel it was worth every penny i spent on it. 

In reguards to the bags, thanks for the heads up. That was acutally something i was concerned about and looking out for since i read something similar on the revzilla reviews. Turns out, the company listens to customer feedback I guess because they changed the product. When I got my kit and started installing it I found the sharp edge on the rails too. Plot twist; they include plastic end plugs for the bars in the kit to resolve that concern now! When I popped the little plugs in the end of the bars was smooth with no more edge on it. I feel pretty good about that purchase now. Side note, I never bought bike luggage before so I had no point of reference for "14 liters" so the bags are MUCH larger than i thought. Which is totally cool because they still fit the profile of the bike very well and give me way more storage room than i thought i was getting. 

Welcome and congrats! Watch out for those armadillos in the hill country, they sprint out in front of bikers just to see them fly through the air! 😉

Beemer

Archived