The MT-07 Forum

Hello from NW Nevada

d3af0ldm0nk

Hola, amigos! I am just getting back into riding after a couple of decades without a bike. I bought a 2016 FZ-07 (without even test driving it) after checking out several bikes including several 650's, an FZ-09 and an FZ8.. My FZ is mostly stock, except an R&G radiator guard (I wish I had gotten the one from Yamaha, though I am content -- beats bent up radiator fins), a Yamaha comfort seat (way better than the original, IMO), an alarm, a louder horn and a dual USB connector.

I live in Northwestern Nevada and am working on getting my confidence back up enough to conquer the Mt. Rose Hwy!

If anyone here is from the Reno/Carson City area and wouldn't mind me tagging along on an excursion, please, let me know. I am sort of new to the area and the only bikers I have met here ride wHoreleys.

My FZ-07 is my primary mode of transportation. I have only had it a couple of months and am gearing up for winter. ANY advice would be highly appreciated.

Anywho... I have gotten a lot of valuable information from this site and am glad to be part of the FZ-07 family.

Image1.thumb.jpg.3509c7160daaa2f8ba0e77d16b6144bc.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome to the farm, and back to riding!  Needless to say we have a really solid bunch here, I'm probably the only jerk on the forum;)

Vendors are fantastic too, some great deals to be had. Sorry I got nothing to offer by way of winter riding advice but I know we have more than a few winter diehards here.

Gear up and stay safe out there. 👍

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

welcome..

I love my heated gear...works awesome when its like 20°F out...https://www.revzilla.com/product/firstgear-heated-jacket-liner...heated gear works best when its used just after you put your underwear on otherwise it wont work properly...

you are nearby 2 awesome vendors, Higdonion and Bellismoto...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

welcome..

I love my heated gear...works awesome when its like 20°F out...https://www.revzilla.com/product/firstgear-heated-jacket-liner

you are nearby 2 awesome vendors, Higdonion and Bellismoto...

I did a lot of winter riding in the 80s and 90s, but there wasn't much gear available then (layers on layers on layers was the best you could do). Compared to then, everything that is available now can be a bit overwhelming. I have been getting stuff from Revzilla and have been thinking about heated gloves and a vest, although I could probably make do with layers and layers and layers, again.. at least for a while. I am familiar with Higdonion. I will definitely check out Bellismoto. Thanks!

Welcome and congrats! When I was stationed at Ft. Hood with my Yamaha Vision I used to dress in layers as well. A one piece thermal jump suit and another jump suit, a one piece nylon rain suit that went on over it to block the wind. Worked great for me but of course gore-tex and other materials have entered the scene since then. Stay warm & frosty > 👁️

Beemer

On 9/29/2017 at 1:15 AM, Mr.Puss said:

Welcome to the farm, and back to riding!  Needless to say we have a really solid bunch here, I'm probably the only jerk on the forum;)

Vendors are fantastic too, some great deals to be had. Sorry I got nothing to offer by way of winter riding advice but I know we have more than a few winter diehards here.

Gear up and stay safe out there. 👍

Hold on a minute there! According to the number of times I've been tongue lashed and escaped walking the plank I'm the biggest jerk but hey, you can be my Tonto. 😜

Beemer

• Premium Member

Just noticed your screen name... I take your hard of hearing like me? 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Beemer said:

Hold on a minute there! According to the number of times I've been tongue lashed and escaped walking the plank I'm the biggest jerk but hey, you can be my Tonto. 😜

Hmmm, you may have something there my friend. Its a tough one, even though you have a much higher concentration of posts, I feel that I may generate a higher concentration of ire "pro-rata." 

In a less classy analogy,  one could say you've lit off some fire crackers and felt the breeze of the mouse trap; I've thrown in a pipe bomb and while attempting to turn and run I slip in dog sheit and split my head open on the sink.  Regardless, most importantly youve proven your astute expertise, so I humbly accept Tonto status.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, norcal616 said:

Just noticed your screen name... I take your hard of hearing like me? 

Yeah, it is pretty bad. I wear hearing aids (not when riding) and still have a hard time understanding what people say.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived