The MT-07 Forum

Ecu flashing for e85

duhbears

Sooooo I've been thinking of doing something crazy again. E85 tuning/remapping! Anyone done this or thought about it? I've done crazier with my old blackbird when I fi converted it and e85 tuned it single sided swing arm car rim swap etc. So in short anyone havr any input or just have to wing it?

• Premium Member

gotta make sure the injectors can flow can extra 25% or so to compensate for the wee bit of extra e85 needed to make power... 

you will/may be the 1st to do this...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

You are going to KILL THAT ENGINE
e85 is evil, ethinol is evil, it is the worst damn invention in the world.  But go right ahead and let us know how long your gas lines, seals, rings and engines last

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Probably would run better if ya just sourced non ethanol gas on the regular , non ethal 93 octane w/ some ignition advances.... shiiiiiii

yep, if the rubber and plastic bits in the fuel system were not designed to see that high percentage of EtOH, you'll do more harm than good. Would not surprise me if a careful read thru the manual will find where it specifically says Don't Do It.

• Global Moderator

The manual says maximum 10% ethanol.  It may not hurt anything but I definitely would not do it.  I only run non-ethanol in my bike so I am probably not the best person to ask anyway.  

So update is I was looking at my fuel map tps vs rpm running Yoshi no snorkel map because of my bikes set up. First cell I remember was 16 friend showed up with couple gallons of e85 because I had drained the tank. Proceed to pour it in and said f@#k it try to start it see if it will even run with this base map it did. Now I go back to my laptop and loaded up the tps vs rpm map again I left it plugged into the bike. It auto adjusted it tho a correct fueling or close to. Went from 16 in the first cell to 36. So I'll ride it around next couple days see what happens. But I'm going to adjust the time +3° sometime

1 hour ago, duhbears said:

Anyone else with ftecu flash notice the large difference between the us and eu maps? It's almost double the fuel percentage

It's because the standard ecu tune is different between the US and Euro models (emission regs).

5 hours ago, duhbears said:

So update is I was looking at my fuel map tps vs rpm running Yoshi no snorkel map because of my bikes set up. First cell I remember was 16 friend showed up with couple gallons of e85 because I had drained the tank. Proceed to pour it in and said f@#k it try to start it see if it will even run with this base map it did. Now I go back to my laptop and loaded up the tps vs rpm map again I left it plugged into the bike. It auto adjusted it tho a correct fueling or close to. Went from 16 in the first cell to 36. So I'll ride it around next couple days see what happens. But I'm going to adjust the time +3° sometime

I am waiting with anticipation on the post that testifies you gernaded the engune

🚫

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

7 hours ago, r1limited said:

I am waiting with anticipation on the post that testifies you gernaded the engune

🚫

Lol well time will tell. Honestly tho I just want to see if it works or not because e85 is 1.26 a gallon here so I'd take the 30% loss mpg for about half the price with some more torque with a good tuning. 

I'm not surprised you could get the bike to run reasonably well on E85 - with the ability to adjust the fueling. 

I don't think the motor's gonna self-destruct any time soon, but I do think yer slowly (with every minute) doing harm to things that will cause the motor to just stop running (injectors, fuel pump, etc.). And if you store the bike with that fuel in the tank, you'll really wind up with  a lot of water getting sucked out of the air and in yer entire fuel system.

If all you had was E85, then fine, take the risk. But saving a buck a gallon on a bike that'll get 70 miles per gallon, well, that's pennywise, pound - well,  you know, imo. 

Its gonna GERNADE :)

3 hours ago, r1limited said:

Its gonna GERNADE :)

the motor already has too much engine breaking, erm, I mean, braking

^^ 😆

Archived