The MT-07 Forum

Selfmade Analog Cockpit

stev74

• Global Moderator

Damnit @stev74..... 

Im flat broke but i want to take a loan to buy one of these..... 

You're the only one so far that has put out a prototype dash for the mt/fz

And after looking at the service manual for the MT09 it seems the connectors are the same for the dash but the wiring is almost backwards that of the 07... just a matter of routing the correct ones to the correct termination

Keep up the good work and some in-flight vids of the dash on your bike woulf be kinda cool :)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do decide to sell these, how difficult/ expensive would it be to offer one with speedo that reads in miles vs kilometers? 

I'm anxious to see one mounted up. Does it attach to the stock gauge mount? 

Really anxious to see a video on this if you do get around to making one.

• 1 month later...

I tried to connect today my old XTZ750 dash what I have lying around at home to the CAN Bus.
I used the grip heater mosfet of my selfmade cockpit to generate the correct frequency for the XTZ750 dash.
So theoretically I could connect it now to the MT-07 :D

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
19 minutes ago, faffi said:

Theoretically, I could learn to understand this stuff, but instead my head hurts 😞

I know what you mean. ;D

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

The black gauge set is very nice. Classy. I like my gauge set actually ( yep something I DON'T want to mod...though the first thing I did was shift it forward and up), but you project is very very nice.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

9 hours ago, faffi said:

Theoretically, I could learn to understand this stuff, but instead my head hurts 😞

Good job by you!

This is so easy to understand and break downLets do it

9 hours ago, stev74 said:

I tried to connect today my old XTZ750 dash what I have lying around at home to the CAN Bus.  This means he connect some old funcky shet to so new funky shet
I used the grip heater mosfet of my selfmade cockpit to generate the correct frequency for the XTZ750 dash. This means he gripped his heater and stuff and shook it all about 

@stev74 That is the most exotic piece of art I have ever seen, just freaking unbelievable.  Send it to Leno or Reeves, I would bet you get some mass production going then :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 6 months later...
  • Global Moderator
4 hours ago, stev74 said:

Hey guys. Here the final video for this cockpit/dash project.
Hope you'll like it.

all of that awesome footage... to tease us with a not for sale... how dare you stev :P

i just love the skillsets we have on this forum. 
alot of racers/mechanics but then there are artists, and tinkerers like you... just unbelievable work dude. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

45 minutes ago, sorkyah said:

all of that awesome footage... to tease us with a not for sale... how dare you stev :P

i just love the skillsets we have on this forum. 
alot of racers/mechanics but then there are artists, and tinkerers like you... just unbelievable work dude. 

:)
Thank you!!!
yes I agree. So many good people out there.

Absolutely fantastic. Very bummed it's not available.

That said, any chance of a group buy of your Cockpit remote control Y7L1 shown here: http://shop.stromcraft.com/en/home/2-cockpit-remote-control.html

The USD is about $70, so I'm wondering if there is any chance of a group buy on this .org and, if so, what kind of price break would you anticipate? Also, shipping to US?

Anyone on this .org interested in a group buy on this switch? Please announce, so we can get a sense if this is doable.

Love your work.

Thanks.

cockpit-remote-control.jpg

14 hours ago, sansnombre said:

The USD is about $70, so I'm wondering if there is any chance of a group buy on this .org and, if so, what kind of price break would you anticipate? Also, shipping to US?

Thank you!
Be aware you have to solder something inside the cockpit to connect the remote control. Not really difficult but its only for people with soldering experience.

Wow doesn't begin to cover this!    Count me among the many, many people here on the forum that want one. 

A radio?  it has a radio!  (I'm still talking to myself!)  

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

If these ever do become for sale I would definitely like to be notified about it. I do expect the price to be steep but hey these are custom made pieces so that's to be expected. I love the look of the analog far better than the stock digital gagues. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This is awesome! Really cool to see how much work went into this. I will always prefer analog on the tach, but our digital tach is not even a "good" digital tach. 

Archived