The MT-07 Forum

change headlight assembly

detectivedan

has anybody changed out the headlight assembly for something else? another headlight assembly? a small light bar?

trying to get some ideas of how it would look/perform

edit:

ive got the cyclops LED bulb, while it performs great, ive never been a huge fan of the 07's headlight

• Premium Member

I replaced the stock light with two PIAA led driving lights.  I wired both directly to the high beam circuit and have had no problems with blowing any fuses for 4,000 miles now.   So, no need for any added fancy wiring using aftermarket led lights.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Yes. I replaced over a year ago. The OEM headlight was also my least favorite part.

The 1st pic here is what I have now. These headlights plug directly into the OEM harness. They are projectors with halogen bulbs with 1 on for high and the other on for low. When they burn out I plan to replace them with LEDs and finagle a way so that with the high beam, both are on. The 2nd and 3rd pic are an older, cheaper assembly.

Check out this thread for more info (although the site migration messed it up a bit): https://fz07.org/thread/5174/dual-headlight-upgrade-completed/

Qk99lBz.jpg

kaOp7n9.jpg

p2rUJkw.jpg

detectivedan
On 9/28/2017 at 6:11 PM, sdfz said:

i agree with you. i went with a round headlight

roundFZ07.thumb.JPG.5bb43b160349f59c887bac86d75742f0.JPG

did you use the standard length motodemic brackets? or the shorter ones?

On 10/3/2017 at 8:01 PM, detectivedan said:

did you use the standard length motodemic brackets? or the shorter ones?

Currently I am using the standard bracket but the headlight is mounted to the turn signal mount which is about the same length as the short bracket. I plan on ordering the short brackets to see if they work but I have not done that yet.

Archived