The MT-07 Forum

Stay Frosty Out There...

blackout

• Premium Member

I read posts like this all the time, but now I get to share an almost crash.  On the way home today from work, on a country road doing the 55 mph speed limit, a lady pulled out right in front of me, never saw me and crossed the intersection what seemed real slow.  Anyways, I was paying attention, saw her start pulling out, and hit the brakes relatively hard.  I stopped with room to spare and she was clueless.  So, stay frosty out there.

When I first saw her pull out, for a split second I thought about hitting the horn, but instead concentrated all my effort to slow down and swerve behind her as she drove through the intersection.  I think this was a good move as the horn would have accomplished nothing but take some attention off the task of stopping safely. 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I would have done what you did:

Shed speed and maneuver. 

Motorcycles are relatively small and harder to see coming compared to automobiles.

• Premium Member

Nicely done!  On a side note, I was out today and really noticed just how many POS drivers were staring into their laps f-ing around on their phones. I even blasted my 135 db horn at one douche...he didnt even notice. 😡😡 Need more cops dolling out stiffer tickets to these ignorant imbeciles. God damn!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Best bit of advice i ever got was to just assume everyone's trying to kill you and to take it upon yourself to not give them a chance. If theres a car next to me i drop back. When driving towards a car looking to join the road you're on ALWAYS LOOK AT THEIR WHEELS as they tell you exactly what that car is doing while the moron in it is f@#$!%€ about on their phone. 

I had a lady pull out in front of me to cross a 3 lane street without looking. I slammed on my brakes to the point where i felt the thud of the forks reaching their travel limit. The guy in the car behind me and i followed her and i gave her a talking to that would've made Adolf Hitler $#!t his pants. The guy behind me said if he didnt slam on his brakes when he did my back tyre would've landed on his bonnet. 

When you're dealing with oblivious morons then all the lights, horns and exhausts in the world are about as useful as a waterproof teabag. The only thing that will get you out of that $#!t situation is your awareness and ability to keep cool and react under pressure. 

Stay safe out there everyone 

On 9/28/2017 at 12:34 AM, Mr.Puss said:

Nicely done!  On a side note, I was out today and really noticed just how many POS drivers were staring into their laps f-ing around on their phones. I even blasted my 135 db horn at one douche...he didnt even notice. 😡😡 Need more cops dolling out stiffer tickets to these ignorant imbeciles. God damn!

They just upped the penalty here for texting and driving to $300 and 4 points off your license. Doesn't slow people down one damn bit. 

2 hours ago, guylee said:

They just upped the penalty here for texting and driving to $300 and 4 points off your license. Doesn't slow people down one damn bit. 

You in Aus? Its like that here too and the amount of morons still on their phones is mind boggling. I hope they double it so if it doesnt stop people at least it'll get them off the roads pretty quick 

They need to come down hard on smart phones. Fines and points are not cutting the mustard. I've never seen such disregard and disrespect for others. Impound the car forever if caught would be fair.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, dmoney said:

You in Aus? Its like that here too and the amount of morons still on their phones is mind boggling. I hope they double it so if it doesnt stop people at least it'll get them off the roads pretty quick 

+1 to this. If I had my way cars would be impounded for a month and full daily impound fees applied, fines and points would be tripled. Seizing a license has never stopped anyone but taking their car sure will.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

15 hours ago, guylee said:

Maybe if M.A.D.D. got involved laws/fines would be more severe and cops would start cracking down on texters. IMO, the fines should be equal to drunk driving fines. That would be a bigger wake up call but it still wouldn't detour everyone doing it. Just look at how many people still drink & drive with the penalties in place for that.

Beemer

Last week some crazy lady that knew I was beside her decided she wanted to be where I was decide so she used her 2 ton behemoth to get her way. I hit the brakes and gave her room and when I passed her and looked back I noticed she had a kid in the car. I abandoned any thoughts of talking to her and scaring the kid so I told her how I felt with a finger jesture. The b*tch gave me one of those sh*t eating grins as though to say, ha, I got my way! I could've yanked her out of that vehicle by her hair at that point but my better half told me Ms. Magnificunt wasn't worth it. It's moments like that that I really appreciate the old Mad Max and his Interceptor. I can always dream of creaming road retards.

NIGHT RIDER!!! 💀

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 7:48 AM, Beemer said:

Last week some crazy lady that knew I was beside her decided she wanted to be where I was decide so she used her 2 ton behemoth to get her way. I hit the brakes and gave her room and when I passed her and looked back I noticed she had a kid in the car. I abandoned any thoughts of talking to her and scaring the kid so I told her how I felt with a finger jesture. The b*tch gave me one of those sh*t eating grins as though to say, ha, I got my way! I could've yanked her out of that vehicle by her hair at that point but my better half told me Ms. Magnificunt wasn't worth it. It's moments like that that I really appreciate the old Mad Max and his Interceptor. I can always dream of creaming road retards.

NIGHT RIDER!!! 💀

When people aren't paying attention and do that shet it's one thing, but to intentionally barge over on someone on a bike like that is just pure evil. 

26 minutes ago, guylee said:

When people aren't paying attention and do that shet it's one thing, but to intentionally barge over on someone on a bike like that is just pure evil. 

Exactly! I got the impression she knew I would give up the space and that infuriated me. How could someone be so damned cold & calculating and then smile when "mission accomplished". If I ever felt my blood boil it was then.

Beemer

I think I have shared this before, but it is a interesting read as to why riders are not seen by cagers.

Glad you were able to anticipate the cager and be OK.  I always stress ride like you are invisible, I cannot count anymore the times I have been in situations where the cager is looking right at me and then still pulls out only to have the horiffied look of OMG when they realize what they did.  You build that sixth sense and develope that keen seense of Ya I know you are looking right at me but you do not see me.  I have had cagers do this diliberetly as well as cut me off, open doors in traffic and pinch me in (Lane Splitting) and start laughing about it.  I have even had dip wankers toss garbage at me when passing legally.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28306/why-you-dont-see-motorcycles-on-the-road/

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
4 hours ago, r1limited said:

I think I have shared this before, but it is a interesting read as to why riders are not seen by cagers.

Glad you were able to anticipate the cager and be OK.  I always stress ride like you are invisible, I cannot count anymore the times I have been in situations where the cager is looking right at me and then still pulls out only to have the horiffied look of OMG when they realize what they did.  You build that sixth sense and develope that keen seense of Ya I know you are looking right at me but you do not see me.  I have had cagers do this diliberetly as well as cut me off, open doors in traffic and pinch me in (Lane Splitting) and start laughing about it.  I have even had dip wankers toss garbage at me when passing legally.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28306/why-you-dont-see-motorcycles-on-the-road/

Very good info--thanks for sharing.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

I new I had this article somewhere

From AMA Mag Sept 2017 issue

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived