The MT-07 Forum

Recommended Tank Bags(or alt.) for FZ 07

biker2014

Does anyone have any recommendations of a tank bag of the FZ 07?

My plan is to ride to work which includes weekends of travel from venue to venue so looking at probably a back pack for work equipment and a tank bag (or any other better ideas?) to use phone GPS and stash some snacks and maybe some footwear/rain gear.

Cheers

Guest montana07

I'm not a big fan of tank bags for our bikes, the tank panels are plastic so you have to go with a strap system instead of magnetic. I went with a Kriega US-10 tail bag and love it, perfect for commuting to work and day trips. They also come in 5l, 20l, and 30l and it's a "system" so you can actually attach the 5 and 10s to the 20s and 30s to expand your capacity as needed.

thanks guys i will look into both of these. the reason i was drawn to tank bags particularly was that i saw some that held your phone to view the gps (saving me money on a proper gps system!)

I really like the tail bag I got recently
Nelson-Rigg (CL-1060) Black Sport Tail/Seat Bag
www.amazon.com/dp/B00AC6ZCMI/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1
It is expandable so you have a lot of room in it

IMG_0038_2.jpg

I really like the tail bag I got recently Nelson-Rigg (CL-1060) Black Sport Tail/Seat Bag
www.amazon.com/dp/B00AC6ZCMI/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1
It is expandable so you have a lot of room in it

IMG_0038_2.jpg
Nice and simple enough. How much? How hard to install? Can you whip it off quickly if you go in to the shops etc?

Easy to install and the price is in the link.

I did modify the straps a bit on mine. I do t remove it. If it gets stolen, so be it. I will buy another

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

Hello,
got for Christmas this awesome magnetic tank bag from Hepco & Becker. Once you've installed it, it takes 3 sec to remove it or put it on. They have different sizes of tank bags. The one in the pictures is the medium sized one.The installation is fairly straight forward. The tank ring took 5 min, just three screws and the bag itself was a little bit tricky. You have to drill 4 holes into the bag to attach the magnets. Needs a little bit of planning and adjusting, but once done it is fairly easy.I've uploaded some pictures with the tank ring and the bag on it. I got it from Motomachines.com
Tank Ring only:rD3gV9F.jpg
Bike with tank bag:wfzSY8c.jpg
Px22Zxj.jpg

Love to ride!

Archived