The MT-07 Forum

Big Sur is (Kinda) open!

alekhin

So, Big Sur and Ca-Hwy 1 has had major road closures for a few months now due to the massive landslides and a bridge collapse.

But... there is a way, Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd, off the 101 Fwy, that can still get you there! It is a bit out of the way, but this road that takes you up and over the Big Sur mountains is beautiful and twisty. Once you get to the top, the few of the Pacific Ocean is pretty breathtaking, and you get a bunch more twisties down to the bottom. Unfortunately there are only about 12 miles of open road on the PCH, but there is barely anyone out there, so it is well worth it.

IMG_20170924_123903999-907x1612.jpg

• Premium Member
On 9/26/2017 at 10:23 AM, alekhin said:

So, Big Sur and Ca-Hwy 1 has had major road closures for a few months now due to the massive landslides and a bridge collapse.

But... there is a way, Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd, off the 101 Fwy, that can still get you there! It is a bit out of the way, but this road that takes you up and over the Big Sur mountains is beautiful and twisty. Once you get to the top, the few of the Pacific Ocean is pretty breathtaking, and you get a bunch more twisties down to the bottom. Unfortunately there are only about 12 miles of open road on the PCH, but there is barely anyone out there, so it is well worth it.

IMG_20170924_123903999-907x1612.jpg

Up for a ride together sometime? I'm in LBC.

'16 FZ07

I road that loop from Hollister down airline to 198 to King City then up and around Carmel Valley road.  So much damn fun I miss that loop.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

My buddies and I used to go down Hwy 1 when I was stationed at Ft Ord way back when Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel.  Never rode a motorcycle down it though.  It has absolutely beautiful views, not like the fog of Planet Ord...

Archived