The MT-07 Forum

M4 Pics

scordiaboy515

How would you rate the difficulty of the install?

I don't have a grinder wheel, but maybe I could use this as an excuse to buy one haha. I do have a nice air compressor. I'm just a little curious how easy it is to cut and grind the stock pipes.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

How would you rate the difficulty of the install?  
I don't have a grinder wheel, but maybe I could use this as an excuse to buy one haha. I do have a nice air compressor. I'm just a little curious how easy it is to cut and grind the stock pipes.
It wasn't that difficult. Maybe a 6 out of 10. The only thing I would do different as per the instructions would be to move off the cut line about 1/4 inch. My cut was too close to the welds on the cat, and the welds are quite harder than the pipes.  There is a little bit of weld that runs down between the pipes, so if you make your cut past that point the pipes will separate after you finish your cut.  Go to the M4 website and click on the download "The Complete Instruction Manual" and you see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps......http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/art/systems/FZ07-14/YA6714-installation-instructions.pdf 

Looking good. Can't argue with the price either.

Bike looks goofy without the side frame covers. Couldn't put my finger on what was amiss at first.

Looking good. Can't argue with the price either. 
Bike looks goofy without the side frame covers. Couldn't put my finger on what was amiss at first.

I'm a minimalist, if it doesn't serve a purpose it's gone......I have removed a lot of stuff off my bike, surprised nobody has picked up on it....between the cat and all the stuff it's prolly 13-15 lbs lighter 

Are you concerned about the wires being exposed on the right side of the bike? 
sportbiketrackgear.com has this exhaust for $406
.........not at all, covered the main harness with plastic insulation, the only connector there i used electrical tape and taped up the ends so rain water or when I wash the bike water can't get in.  Looks pretty sano to me ;) 

I am going to have to look at your pics closer.
That sounds like it will work.

BTW I drunk purchased the M4 exhaust last night.
Woke up and had an email confirmation

Hahahahahahahaha

I am going to have to look at your pics closer. That sounds like it will work.

BTW I drunk purchased the M4 exhaust last night.
Woke up and had an email confirmation

Hahahahahahahaha
         I also bought all new buttonhead cap screws to for all the bolt holes......the stock stainless buttonhead's are a little bit to long for some of the threaded holes.  Also removed the plastic sleeves on the forks between the upper and lower triple clamps and the rock deflectors on the fork sliders ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest effinohseffin

Can I install an M4 slipon on a brand new bike with zero miles and break in the engine that way or should I wait 'till 1000 miles or so?

Can I install an M4 slipon on a brand new bike with zero miles and break in the engine that way or should I wait 'till 1000 miles or so?  

Absolutely!  

sure can! I had my akrapovic on the day I got my bike. She runs like a champ.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, can anyone verify for me if there is any loss of power when adding the M4? I don't want to compromise the engine quality but I do want the growl.

scordiaboy515
Hey guys, can anyone verify for me if there is any loss of power when adding the M4? I don't want to compromise the engine quality but I do want the growl.
look back thru the M4 posts in the exhaust thread......you will find all the info your looking for 

Archived