The MT-07 Forum

2015 Fz-07 Wheel Replacement

Grantassstic

Well, sadly I need to replace the front wheel on my 2015 Fz-07 (graphite edition, with the blue/purple frame and wheels). My confusion stems from choosing which wheel to purchase as two are listed in the OEM guide for my particular model. They are: Cast Wheel, Front DPBM15 FOR DNMN and Cast Wheel, Front LGB FOR BWC1,VRC1 ( http://oemparts.chaparral-racing.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b1cf8700220a44158d2/front-wheel ). 

I have contacted Chaparral, but would appreciate if I could get faster feedback here!

Cheers

• Premium Member

Looks like color codes for the bike:

2015 USA FZ-07
-----------------------
Liquid Graphite = DNMN
Pearl White       = BWC1
Rapid Red         = VRC1

According to:

Make sure you get the round one, there is the euro model which is flat on one side

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

9 hours ago, r1limited said:

Make sure you get the round one, there is the euro model which is flat on one side

Thanks for the heads up! I'm choosing from the California specific model (yes--stupid emissions means we got a separate model) so I should be ok. 

You can reuse the inner and outer spacers and maybe the outer dust seals if yer careful, but there will really be no way to remove the old bearings w/o doing them harm. Order those as well while yer at it. 

Seems like we've seen a lot of bent rims for this bike. These wheels must either be really soft or people need to keep up with air pressure monitoring. I suspect the crappy suspension doesn't help either. At least they're not outrageously expensive, but still. .

On 9/26/2017 at 12:45 PM, rick said:

You can reuse the inner and outer spacers and maybe the outer dust seals if yer careful, but there will really be no way to remove the old bearings w/o doing them harm. Order those as well while yer at it. 

Seems like we've seen a lot of bent rims for this bike. These wheels must either be really soft or people need to keep up with air pressure monitoring. I suspect the crappy suspension doesn't help either. At least they're not outrageously expensive, but still. .

Thanks for the input. 

Archived