The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha MT-07 to get an MT-10 face transplant

magdfarid

Here it is. I personally hate it. I didnt actually like the current light because i thought it was a bit on the boring side but its grown on me. The new one just looks hideous to me

images-1.jpg

• Premium Member

ehhhh...its not the original headlight style, they coulda kept the same singular headlight but made it so half lights up for low beam and keep the other half dimly lit till high beams are needed...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

5 hours ago, dmoney said:

Here it is. I personally hate it. I didnt actually like the current light because i thought it was a bit on the boring side but its grown on me. The new one just looks hideous to me

images-1.jpg

Couldn't agree more :)

It wouldn't prevent me from buying the bike, but it is not an improvement in the looks dept.

I hope these lights actually work better.

Not because I feel the current light is poor, but to claim some kind of advantage while putting-up with the decreased looks.

The model shown looks like the Motocage version of the MT 07. It had dealer-added bits like a stunt bike. I cannot see it listed now in UK.  I think we will not have long to wait to discover if that really is the new face: EICMA in October is still my guess. 

Just do it! 

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

I personally don't like all the neon yellow crap. Yellow wheels make me wanna puke. 

I'll take the yellow wheels if i can keep the old light 😊

54 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

The model shown looks like the Motocage version of the MT 07. It had dealer-added bits like a stunt bike. I cannot see it listed now in UK.  I think we will not have long to wait to discover if that really is the new face: EICMA in October is still my guess. 

I think it might just be a dressed up one for photo purposes but I've seen other pics with the same lights. I hope I'm wrong

5 hours ago, digitalsteve said:

I'm on my lonesome here... I really like the new headlight.

In fairness i hated the current R1 when i saw pictures but when i saw it in person i changed my mind pretty quick haha. 

• Premium Member

Fugly or not.... if it works better than the poorly focused dim candle  of a stock headlight, I'm all for it.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

the best improvement yamaha could make is a bigger tank 17ltrs instead of 14.

also what is the benefit on having plastic covers over a tank apart from changing coloured plastic panels. 

shirley that would add another ltr or more if they made a tank like the fazer all metal.

also adding grab rails.

as for the lights don't like them but if we all like the same it would be a boring world  would it not.

• Premium Member

Damn I kinda like the bumblebee look -- I wonder if we will be able to easily retrofit existing older bikes with it.

12 hours ago, johnakay said:

also what is the benefit on having plastic covers over a tank apart from changing coloured plastic panels. 

shirley that would add another ltr or more if they made a tank like the fazer all metal.

also adding grab rails.

as for the lights don't like them but if we all like the same it would be a boring world  would it not.

Couldn't agree more on the tank size. 17ltrs would make 500km to a tank a piece of cake

3 hours ago, yamahazaki said:

That pic is just a photoshop of an edited MT10 light slapped onto the MT07.

I think you're right there. But I've also found this, which in my opinion looks worse.

images-3.jpg

3 hours ago, dmoney said:

I think you're right there. But I've also found this, which in my opinion looks worse.

images-3.jpg

When I was doing my dual headlight I was thinking of getting a pair and stacking them like this. Now that I see this pic I'm glad I didn't...

On 9/24/2017 at 4:34 AM, bornagainbiker said:

Not really a fan of the "Transformer" look. :-\

Serious, I see all the styles looking like this, not a fan at all

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

digitalsteve
On 9/26/2017 at 3:14 AM, johnakay said:

also adding grab rails.

I get sick of looking for a petrol station all the time!

Archived