The MT-07 Forum

Hi From Central Coast Ca!

alekhin

Hi! I just got a beautiful new 2016 FZ-07, and have found myself frequenting these forums A LOT.... may or may not be doing this at work when I shouldn't....

Currently trying to decide if I want to upgrade my suspension or intake/exhaust/ecu first, so if anyone wants to offer suggestions, that would be slick!

Anyways, I live in San Luis Obispo County, California, so hit me up if anyone around here wants to ride! I ride dual sport a lot too, although I'm currently rebuilding my XR500.

Thanks!

• Premium Member

I'm no where near Cali but I'd recommend suspension upgrades prior to intake/exhaust/ECU since the suspension is not the best and can be a safety hazard IMO if you're bent over in a corner and you hit some ripples or anything else that isn't smooth/flat/straight.

Welcome to the world of FZ-07. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 9/22/2017 at 3:30 PM, alekhin said:

Hi! I just got a beautiful new 2016 FZ-07, and have found myself frequenting these forums A LOT.... may or may not be doing this at work when I shouldn't....

Currently trying to decide if I want to upgrade my suspension or intake/exhaust/ecu first, so if anyone wants to offer suggestions, that would be slick!

Anyways, I live in San Luis Obispo County, California, so hit me up if anyone around here wants to ride! I ride dual sport a lot too, although I'm currently rebuilding my XR500.

Thanks!

Welcome to our forum, thanks for joining us! 

Welcome to the forum, my first mods were integrated tail light and fender eliminator and flush mount front turn signals.  Such an awesome improvement on the looks.

Ride safe 

Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes! 

Welcome to the forum, my first mods were integrated tail light and fender eliminator and flush mount front turn signals.  Such an awesome improvement on the looks.

Yeah, my first few mods have been mainly cosmetic, and then some crash protection sliders. Taking that fender and those massive turn signals out really does make a big difference... and that stock fender is damn heavy!

Welcome and congrats! I recommend CRG Lane Splitters so that you can see vehicles (not your arm) in lanes next to you easier and also a good Cyclops bulb. You can buy extensions for the stock mirror but they aren't convex and if any part of the mirror breaks you have to buy the whole mirror. With a CRG you can just buy the part of the mirror you need and they don't look like rabbit ears sticking way up. The Cyclops is a no brainer. Just ditch that yellow light for something bright! It's great in the daytime also, make you be seen much better. Have fun, stay frosty!

https://www.amazon.com/CRG-Black-Hindsight-Splitter-Mirror/dp/B0041C94TG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506515477&sr=8-3&keywords=crg+mirrors

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3800-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

Beemer

• Premium Member

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/7000-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_169.html is a good alternative to the 3400 Lumen model.

Soo many ways to spend $$ on a bike.  If you own one long enough you can easily spend more for bling/upgrades than you paid for the bike itself. That's why I don't add up the receipts. 😱

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

DewMan - So true. I'm actually afraid of how much I've spent on my FZ-07. For my old 83' Vision I only bought a tail rack and a 1/4 fairing and that was it. I almost feel ashamed I've spent so much on myself, I almost feel like Imelda Marcos with 2,700 pairs of shoes.

Beemer

Archived