The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket adjustable levers that are not "short"

TheWulf

Can someone recommend a well-built aftermarket adjustable lever that isn't a "shorty" lever?

I had a short set on my Ninja and I couldn't fit my all my fingers on them -- not ideal for me. I miss the quality and ease of use of the levers through -- especially the clutch. 

Any recommendations for full-sized adjustable levers?

• Premium Member

I believe almost all aftermarket levers come in both shorty and standard (long) size. 

As for brand, I'm a pazzo fan. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

The short levers are for people who like to shift and brake with two fingers (racing style). I have em on my dirt bikes and they are great for keeping a good grip on the bars in gnarly terrain. But the two finger technique isn't for everyone. I'll get back on my laptop and find you some links to some of my favorite aftermarket full levers. 

@TheWulf Ok, lets start with CRG's. These are awesome freaking fully adjustable levers. Designed for to work with OEM master cylinders (many others aren't). 

crgrc2_clutch_lever_yamaha_red_detail.jp

LINK CRG RC2 Clutch Lever Yamaha

crgrc2_brake_lever_yamaha_fzfj_black_det

LINK CRG RC2 Brake Lever Yamaha FZ

The above two are top of the scale/quality and adjustability. As you can see at the link, they can be ordered standard or shorty. 

Down the scale...

Vortex levers are pretty good too and cost a little bit less. Adjustable too. 

vortex_v320_clutch_lever_yamaha_standard

LINK Vortex V3 2.0 Clutch Lever Yamaha

The above are a great way to go, good quality, made to work the FZ-07. Adjustability for your hand and style, especially with the CRG's.

Hmm looks like I simply didn't do my research! Seeing as most photos in the revzilla results were shorts, I neglected to click on them and see Standard in the dropdown.

CRGs looks great and reviews are pretty good. I'll add them to my shortlist.

When it comes to my brakes, I'll gladly pay a bit more to not get a design flaw because some guy in a Chinese factory had a bad day ;)

52 minutes ago, azuryn said:

I'm a fan of the generic CNC aluminum China junk on eBay.  They come in both shorty and long for a fraction of the cost and feel great.

Some of those are better than stock, but skip the chinese adjustable levers. I tried em and the adjustment screw broke along with the cam within two weeks, and no I didn't drop it. 

But when cheap is all that matters, the standard non adjustable Chinese levers work better than stock. 

Myself, once I rode with a perfectly adjusted pair of levers, and adjusted the brake fade to where I wanted, those are all I will ride with now. 

• Premium Member

Don't be afraid to mix it up too. I think if I had another go at it, I might keep the clutch lever standard and the brake lever short. Leverage helps on the clutch side. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

59 minutes ago, motomeek said:

Don't be afraid to mix it up too. I think if I had another go at it, I might keep the clutch lever standard and the brake lever short. Leverage helps on the clutch side. 

I have too much OCD for that.😁

Archived