The MT-07 Forum

What aftermarket seat do you use?

pma

I am partial to Sargent. Not sure about now, but last year they did not make a seat for the FZ.  But they did take my seat and replaced the padding and the cover, and since I did not have a problem with the original shape this worked out just as well.

2017-04-16 18.39.49.jpg

I had a local upholstery shop re-do mine. All they did was cut out the padding where your bum makes contact and replace it with 1/2 inch of semi liquid polymer gel that tends to isolate vibration better than foam. It helped considerably. It's super soft and conforms but is still supportive and it cost me right at $200 for material and labor.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Polymer-Gel-Sheet-Thick/dp/B011XW0LES/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1528383185&sr=8-5&keywords=liquid+polymer+gel

Padded riding shorts, tried it but the boys get all hot and sweaty.

Beemer

Or you could make up a pad of neoprene foam from ebay - for a very few $/£.    2 or 3 10mm layers would do it. I have done similar with an extra neoprene sheet cover. It might not look so swish but it works.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

• 4 years later...

I run the bagster luxe seats. Initially, it felt very underwhelming for ~$300, felt a similar hardness as to my stock seat. However, after breaking it in, I can say the seat is much more comfortable. It reminds of bike seats, it's not plushy; it's firm.

• Like 1

My gluteus maximus would not appreciate LOL

• Like 2

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]