phanomenal07

Brand new fz07 just went down 😢

phanomenal07

Well my brand new 2017 fz07 just went down. 1600 miles on it. I'm really sad but I am posting because I had a set of woodcraft frame sliders on it and the only damage I have are a broken mirror a broken shifter pedal and the only cosmetic damage is a scuff on the plastic where the yamaha logo is. I was going about 65 and a car hit me as he was tryimg to shift into my lane. It gave me a tank slapper and Then lowsided. I was able to climb on top of the bike while it was sliding across the pavement and surfed on top of the bike until it stopped. The bike does start still and I prolly could've road it home if my shifter was bent. This sux. I love my bike and I guess I should be happy I'm walking away with zero scratches on me or the gear I was wearing

cyow5

That sucks, man, but that's great to hear it well (for the situation). 

Had to have been quite the sight to see your save though!

• Like 2

seca2

Sorry to hear. Glad you are okay, the bike can be replaced - your body can't be. 

Hope Mr. CarelessCageDriver had insurance?! 

• Like 1

phanomenal07
15 minutes ago, seca2 said:

Sorry to hear. Glad you are okay, the bike can be replaced - your body can't be. 

Hope Mr. CarelessCageDriver had insurance?! 

He didn't stop

• Sad 1

dmoney
1 minute ago, phanomenal07 said:

He didn't stop

Oh man s**t like this makes my blood boil. Do you have insurance? Did anyone else stop? Glad to hear you're ok and as much as it may not seem like it, you're very lucky to be able to tell us about it

• Like 1

dmoney

I actually had the same thing nearly happen to me today. Missed my front wheel by about a foot.

phanomenal07

Yeah I have an insurance the tow truck just arrived and is towing it home for me.

dmoney

Its a long shot but i hope you find the piece of garbage that did it and take them to the cleaners

• Like 1

stevebtx12

Glad to hear you came out so well for going down at that speed, that's scary sh!t.

• Like 1

TheWulf

Glad you're ok. Every time I read one of these I tell myself I'm buying a dashcam...

I also have the woodcraft frame sliders -- nice to know they worked out at high speeds.

• Like 1

phanomenal07

Hey quick question do you guys know if I should take it to the dealer I bought it from for repairs or does it not matter what yamaha dealer I take it to? Also is an independent shop an option or should I not do that

TheWulf

It makes no difference. Take it somewhere you trust won't screw you over.

If you have insurance, you might get a better deal at one of their approved facilities (mine offers lifetime warranty on paint and repairs if I do this)

yamahazaki

Man that's a shame.  Every new rider needs to buy a helmet cam as a precaution and for insurance purposes.

• Like 1

blackout

That sucks, but glad you are fine.

• Like 1

e30kawi

When I get my next bike I'll be getting a dash cam so to speak just for instances like this.

• Like 1