The MT-07 Forum

Underglow kit

phanomenal07

Would adding under glow lights hurt my battery? Is there any good way to add underglowlights that won't drain the battery when the lights are turned off after a ride. Also do you guys have any kits you would recommend

• Global Moderator

If you install them to be on with the ignition, or better yet the headlight then there should be no battery issues.  LED lights are low powered so as long as they are not left on for long with the engine off you should be fine.  I do not have any recommendations on any kits, sorry. 

• Premium Member

I have 2x leds strips, 4x denali dm micro pods, and 8x 'bikevis' bullets scattered all over my ride, and not one problem with the battery. IMO it was best/ less expensive to throw together exactly what I wanted piece by piece instead of shelling out for custom kits from some overpriced specialty shop.

There are plenty of "how to's" here for adding lighting. In a nut shell just tie into an ignition source such as the headlight wire. When the bike is off, your lights are off. If you're uneasy with soldering etc you can go with connectors like "posi-tap" so you can trial and error the process without butchering your harness.  Super Easy Peasy.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

While not my cup of tea, I think there are piggy back options that you can just tap into a fuse on the bike so you don't need to solder anything actually on the bike.

THIS would be a LOT easier and would look just exactly as cool....seriously.

Lighted_shoes.JPG

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• Premium Member
Just now, motorazr said:

THIS would be a LOT easier and would look just exactly as cool....seriously.

Lighted_shoes.JPG

Only if they were en-route to a 'One Direction' concert.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived