The MT-07 Forum

Picked this up yesterday

JA50N

• Premium Member

early 97 KX500? based on the frame and the angled back number plates??..my good buddy is currently rebuilding an 86 KX500 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...

We have a winner.  2002 KDX 200!  The tool bag on the rear fender gives it away.  Currently pull the suspension apart for a rebuild.  Runs pretty strong though.  I took it out for a shake down run a couple days after this picture.  It's going to be a trail bike for the mountains out in the western part of the state.

The KDX is the mountain goat of "trail" bikes.  I had a 2002 220, was a torque monster, not meant to rev though...quickly runs out of steam if you try to race it.  I miss the days of two strokes zipping all over the place ;-)

KDX for sure. Id rather ride that through the woods over a kx500!! 500 is too much bike for between the trees. At least for me it is.

KDX 200s were the go to bike for Cross country in a few classes.  Absolutly no comparison on a open class to a 200.  Open Class in back woods are more art and finese than going fast.  I had a 1979 CR390 Husky, now that was one freakin fun bike in the woods.  Like any typicle Euro bike in that day, it hated to turn, so it took a bitof understanding to steady that bike, but MUD, Man tha Bike loved MUD.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I'll trade you one 2015 FZ-07 for one KDX 200 and one awesome Frisbee dog. ( I have a nice, orange, 160g Frisbee but no partner ☹️)

Beemer

Archived