The MT-07 Forum

Carbon Fibre / Fiber

michael

Pretty much every product range has been discussed somewhere on this forum however there is a lack of information regarding carbon fibre parts. I'm hoping to catalogue in this thread members experiences with different websites and suppliers of CF parts for the MT/FZ 07.

I currently have a Pyramid branded CF rear huger that looks fantastic out of the box. I'm yet to install it. I choose this due to it's design as it steps down lower to protect the rear shock and debris heading towards my Hords air intake.

I'm curious to hear peoples experience with other CF parts and brands and would love to see pictures of them installed. I'm looking at getting air intake CF covers and Side Frame Panels in the future.

MT07%20carbon%20hugger%20072438A.jpg

• Premium Member

my experience with CF comes down quality control standards of the manufacturer of whatever CF part they produced...  the CF Graves exhaust can on my other bike acts as a heel rest quite a bit and it still hasn't shown any wear from my heel...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

2 hours ago, norcal616 said:

my experience with CF comes down quality control standards of the manufacturer of whatever CF part they produced...  the CF Graves exhaust can on my other bike acts as a heel rest quite a bit and it still hasn't shown any wear from my heel...

+1 on the first point. It definitely comes down to the manufacturer and the types of layering/weaves and resins they use.  If you want CF parts then you're better off spending a bit more and getting quality branded items. It'll perform alot better than the cheap stuff and the look after a while will be incomparable 

Archived