The MT-07 Forum

Draggin liner pants.

SkH

Draggin Liners

Around 160 bucks (prices vary depending on merchant)

I was surprised to see that this hasn't been reviewed yet here.

So I have 3 riding pants, all with kevlar.  The main reason why I purchased these are sort of wayward, not going to explain why... ok, wait.  I will explain why, because I bought a SX-1 knee guards and those things are so big I can't fit them under moto jeans, I figured to build my own moto pants, so I bought these.

If anyone is familiar with kevlar lined jeans, you will note those kevlar usually looks more like felt than anything.  These Draggin liners are not like those sturdy kevlar liners.  Instead, I suspect they wanted something less hot, so the Draggin liners are more or less kevlar MESH.  But don't get scared, it is 2 ply mesh. 

Comfort wise, you DO NOT want to use this during summertime.  The combination of the draggin liners, and regular jeans, it gets real warm and hot.  Much warmer than any of my kevlar lined moto pants.  This is unfortunate for many riders.  Your dreams of wearing your favorite pair of pants with these under it will be quickly squashed when you realize your sweating your ass off with the combo.  So the sad fact is I will only use this in the fall/winter/spring and not in the death heat of summertime.

There isn't really much else I can say about it considering the only other thing to do is try to crash while wearing them and I'm obviously not that dedicated.

If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't have bothered buying these to be honest.

IMG_0064.JPG

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Most kevlar panels in leathers is a mesh/ knitted fabric similar in some cases to these. These and ordinary jeans may be hot, but they aren't as hot as a full set of leathers even perforated leather ( I lived and raced in the tropics for most of my life).

If you want some abrasion protection, what ever you wear is going to be hotter than no abrasion protection.

If you are riding, and it is cold, these will assist to keep you warm of course.

Remember though that kevlar loses a fair bit of it's strength when wet, so sweating into them will compromise the ultimate protection, as will riding in the rain.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived