The MT-07 Forum

Retros

faffi

There are some retros made today that are quite nice, like the Honda CB1100RS and Triumph Street, and a Kawasaki Z900RS is rumoured. However, I'm curious if there are bikes you would like to see back in a modern guise?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a modern - even a 4-stroke version - of the 1980 RD350 Elsie, as well as the XS750, featuring the XSR900 engine. And I wouldn't be sad if it was outfitted with a shaft final drive, either.

4L0-80-blueRight.jpg
1464027475151_resized.jpg

I like them both but could we get that RD in the original peppy, poppy version?

Not to derail but I'm still waiting on this:

jetsons.jpg They promised us this as kids, those cruel bastards!

Beemer

One day my son was convinced he saw the Back to the future hover board at ToysRus. So to appease him we drove down to toys are us up and down up and down the isle looking for that damn board until he was satisfied they did not have em

I would like to see two Retro bikes A FZ-650 that emulates the 1974 XS650 as they did with the Retro 400 which they should had made a 500 and the Original 1973 RD350.  Never has there been any more awesome bikes like these, well maybe the 74 Norton Commando, the A65 or the Trident.......
Now my piston port 1972 R5 pushing close to 60HP would make them RD's and Kawi triple 350s look like PeeWee Hermans bicycle.  But whod a thunk that R5 was actually a TR3 in Disguise

XS650.jpg

RD350.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

^^ NOPE THAT AINT DOPE IT AINT NOTHING BUTT FUGLY WHAT A SHAME

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
One day my son was convinced he saw the Back to the future hover board at ToysRus. So to appease him we drove down to toys are us up and down up and down the isle looking for that damn board until he was satisfied they did not have em 
I would like to see two Retro bikes A FZ-650 that emulates the 1974 XS650 as they did with the Retro 400 which they should had made a 500 and the Original 1973 RD350.  Never has there been any more awesome bikes like these, well maybe the 74 Norton Commando, the A65 or the Trident.......
Now my piston port 1972 R5 pushing close to 60HP would make them RD's and Kawi triple 350s look like PeeWee Hermans bicycle.  But whod a thunk that R5 was actually a TR3 in Disguise

XS650.jpg

RD350.jpg

Maybe it's just me being nostalgic, but these bikes really had style.  8-)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

^^^ YUP

Archived