motorazr

LSL fatbar kit with instrument relocation

motorazr
I just got off the phone with Spiegler USA who told me that I'm the first person in the USA to ever order German company LSL Motorradtechnik's X-bar (fatbar) kit for the MT07/FZ07.  Seems weird because this is a nice option and at $149 plus $8 shipping, the price is very reasonable.  Spiegler USA is the North American distributor for LSL so I'm fairly certain there isn't another source for this kit here in the USA.
Spiegler agreed that they need to make this item easier to find on their web site. The guy said they would order some extra stock because surely this would be a popular item like their MT09/FZ09 kits are. Meanwhile, you can visit LSL.eu, choose the English language option (unless you prefer Deutche) and look for part 127Y134 in SW (Schwartz, Black) or SI (Silber, Silver).  An actual 1-1/8 or 28.5mm fatbar is not included so you can get the LSL "X-Bar" option or choose the fatbar of your choice from Renthal, Answer, etc.  Tank clearance may be an issue with some low bars. The threaded stock bar-end weights will need to be replaced too unless you already have bar-end mirrors.
LSL_127_Y134_SW.jpg

LSL_127_Y134_SW_2.jpg

simple image hosting

• Like 1

mecmar44
Hell, I'm interested just for the cluster relocation.
  • Like 1

michigan400
Looks good! Let us know how they work. Was thinking about switching to fat bars the other day. No real issue with stockers but I would like to reduce the flex from the mounts. Might just slip a washer under there if I get bored and can't ride due to weather.

I wonder if that relocation bracket would work with a Givi screen on there as well.

mjdavis1994
You have a picture of the above view while sitting on the bike?

Nekkid07

I have been looking everywhere for this gauge relocation kit.  I can only ever find the ridea one which looks similar to the lsl, but costs $300+ or the gilles which looks ugly.

does anyone have a part number and price for the lsl gauge relocate kit?

i28
1 hour ago, Nekkid07 said:

I have been looking everywhere for this gauge relocation kit.  I can only ever find the ridea one which looks similar to the lsl, but costs $300+ or the gilles which looks ugly.

does anyone have a part number and price for the lsl gauge relocate kit?

https://spieglerusa.com/make_model_year

search for the fz-07 and youll see it

DewMan

Not seeing it under any year's listing on that site @i28 .

DewMan

Thanks @i28. My mistake was looking specifically for the relocation bracket.

yellowwheels

Sup Dudes. Long Time lurker first time poster.

Does this kit come with metal bushings that replace the rubber bushings? If not does anyone know where i can get metal bushings? I know about the washer mod but it seems kind of janky to me. 

Thanks!!!!

shinyribs
On 9/7/2017 at 3:00 PM, motorazr said:

I just got off the phone with Spiegler USA who told me that I'm the first person in the USA to ever order German company LSL Motorradtechnik's X-bar (fatbar) kit for the MT07/FZ07.  Seems weird because this is a nice option and at $149 plus $8 shipping, the price is very reasonable.  Spiegler USA is the North American distributor for LSL so I'm fairly certain there isn't another source for this kit here in the USA.
Spiegler agreed that they need to make this item easier to find on their web site. The guy said they would order some extra stock because surely this would be a popular item like their MT09/FZ09 kits are. Meanwhile, you can visit LSL.eu, choose the English language option (unless you prefer Deutche) and look for part 127Y134 in SW (Schwartz, Black) or SI (Silber, Silver).  An actual 1-1/8 or 28.5mm fatbar is not included so you can get the LSL "X-Bar" option or choose the fatbar of your choice from Renthal, Answer, etc.  Tank clearance may be an issue with some low bars. The threaded stock bar-end weights will need to be replaced too unless you already have bar-end mirrors.
LSL_127_Y134_SW.jpg

LSL_127_Y134_SW_2.jpg

simple image hosting

The website doesn't say that the gauge relocation bits come in this kit. It seems like the ad is only for the bar mounts. 

How much shorter than stock are these bar mounts?

digitalsteve

What's the benefit of running a fat bar?

shinyribs
1 hour ago, digitalsteve said:

What's the benefit of running a fat bar?

I know that if you run a straight 7/8" aluminum bar (meaning with no cross bar) it can be pretty flexy. Fat bars don't do that. I seriously doubt there is any weight savings, but if you want to run an aluminum bar w'out a crossbar, fat bar is the ticket. 

I'm currently running a 7/8 ally bar with no crossbar ( gauge has to go there) and I feel them wiggle pretty often. Not as bad as the stock rubber mounted risers, but plenty noticeable. 

Some people say fat bars absorb vibes, but I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 1