The MT-07 Forum

Oil Containment Belly Pan

blackout

• Premium Member

Has anyone here installed an oil containment belly pan on their FZ-07?  It looks like the one below will work.  Let me know if you have any thoughts.  Thanks.

belly_pan.jpg

image hosting services

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Is it made for the FZ-07??? I have one that's made for the FZ-07 and it works fine. I don't see holes or hardware for that.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Is it made for the FZ-07??? I have one that's made for the FZ-07 and it works fine. I don't see holes or hardware for that.

It's universal. They give measurements on their website. Holes and hardware are easy for me to do myself. But if someone makes a functioning belly pan for the FZ07 that would be great. Does yours hold oil? Mine will need to if I race the bike. And also possibly save me from a $500 fine for dumping oil at my home track. :)

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Mine would hold oil if the oil comes out from the side and into the pan. My pan does not cover the entire underside of the engine so IMO if you can make that fit I would use that. It looks to be a better 'functioning' belly pan than mine. Mine is more for looks and compliments. GL!

What I have: http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Belly-Pan-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5020.html

Beemer

• Premium Member
Mine would hold oil if the oil comes out from the side and into the pan. My pan does not cover the entire underside of the engine so IMO if you can make that fit I would use that. It looks to be a better 'functioning' belly pan than mine. Mine is more for looks and compliments. GL! 
What I have: http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Belly-Pan-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5020.html

Yah, that might not pass tech.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I had that very one. It looks good, can be adapted easily to fit around the exhaust, mounts easily with home made parts. I ended up not going with it however since my SV was naked so I bought AP's kit when it came out.  Here's a couple pics in mock up.

tablet_143.jpg

tablet_141.jpg

• Like 1

Upon closer inspection I had  the OCP1S variant, identical but slightly different size, see their website...

20160330_142752.jpg

It's adorning an SV's belly now.

• Premium Member

Yes, that is the short version. The long version is 4 inches longer and would extend closer to the rear tire. I think I like the long version. Thanks for the pics!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
15 hours ago, howlinhoss said:

Anyone have photos of this installed? Looking to do this for my track bike.

I almost ordered this a couple weeks ago, but I'm back to doing full foward fairings this winter.  I say forward fairings because the tail and seat will remain stock.  I'm currently looking at using 2017 R6 forward race fairings.  Those should look o.k. with the stock tail.  It turns out the R6 engine is only 1.375" wider than the FZ07 engine, assuming my source is correct.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

10 hours ago, howlinhoss said:

Anyone have photos of this installed? Looking to do this for my track bike.

My old one on its current bike...

IMG959696.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
20 hours ago, Davidc45- said:

I’ve designed a belly pan for an fz 07. It will contain over 2 quarts

EB2C3E31-4BE8-40F1-847B-601B2F22A5E0.jpeg

32A49527-91C8-4E17-B625-9088A0BAF250.jpeg

Good job, looks awesome!

• Like 1

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Yea they’re yosh. Great product. If you need a belly pan you know where to go. I’ve talked with James Morse from moto america and showed him the pan. He said it’s legal to race with.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Davidc45- said:

Dear sweet baby Jesus - how do I get my hands on one of these belly pans David?

• Like 1

That bellypan looks like just what i need , plus it has the expensive factory team sponsored look lol . Are you making them for resale ? , if so how much ?.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm interested as well...... I'm considering racing my FZ-07 next year (in "naked" form)- I just figured I'd have to get a new exhaust (I have the Akra Ti as well). I didn't want to do that. This may tip the scales towards racing next season 😎. I have essentially the same bike- year, color, shock, intake, and probably more!!! Nice looking bike 😀

Edited by cornerslider
  • Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

On 11/19/2018 at 6:59 AM, ajpags said:

Dear sweet baby Jesus - how do I get my hands on one of these belly pans David?

Ig is davidc_454 hit me up there

• 3 years later...
On 3/8/2018 at 2:04 PM, Davidc45- said:

Hey there! I was unable to find your Instagram account as this post was from a few years back 😕 I’m super interested in buying one of these off of you or have one made.

I’ve been on the search of a belly pan for the last few months that would fit my build and this would work perfectly. 

my Ig is barry_mt07

cheers!