blackout

Oil Containment Belly Pan

blackout
Has anyone here installed an oil containment belly pan on their FZ-07?  It looks like the one below will work.  Let me know if you have any thoughts.  Thanks.

belly_pan.jpg

image hosting services

• Like 1

Beemer
Is it made for the FZ-07??? I have one that's made for the FZ-07 and it works fine. I don't see holes or hardware for that.

blackout
Is it made for the FZ-07??? I have one that's made for the FZ-07 and it works fine. I don't see holes or hardware for that.

It's universal. They give measurements on their website. Holes and hardware are easy for me to do myself. But if someone makes a functioning belly pan for the FZ07 that would be great. Does yours hold oil? Mine will need to if I race the bike. And also possibly save me from a $500 fine for dumping oil at my home track. :)

Beemer
Mine would hold oil if the oil comes out from the side and into the pan. My pan does not cover the entire underside of the engine so IMO if you can make that fit I would use that. It looks to be a better 'functioning' belly pan than mine. Mine is more for looks and compliments. GL!

What I have: http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Belly-Pan-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5020.html

blackout
Mine would hold oil if the oil comes out from the side and into the pan. My pan does not cover the entire underside of the engine so IMO if you can make that fit I would use that. It looks to be a better 'functioning' belly pan than mine. Mine is more for looks and compliments. GL! 
What I have: http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Belly-Pan-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5020.html

Yah, that might not pass tech.

mossrider

I had that very one. It looks good, can be adapted easily to fit around the exhaust, mounts easily with home made parts. I ended up not going with it however since my SV was naked so I bought AP's kit when it came out.  Here's a couple pics in mock up.

tablet_143.jpg

tablet_141.jpg

• Like 1

mossrider
Upon closer inspection I had  the OCP1S variant, identical but slightly different size, see their website...

20160330_142752.jpg

It's adorning an SV's belly now.

blackout
Yes, that is the short version. The long version is 4 inches longer and would extend closer to the rear tire. I think I like the long version. Thanks for the pics!

howlinhoss

Anyone have photos of this installed? Looking to do this for my track bike.

blackout
15 hours ago, howlinhoss said:

I almost ordered this a couple weeks ago, but I'm back to doing full foward fairings this winter.  I say forward fairings because the tail and seat will remain stock.  I'm currently looking at using 2017 R6 forward race fairings.  Those should look o.k. with the stock tail.  It turns out the R6 engine is only 1.375" wider than the FZ07 engine, assuming my source is correct.

mossrider
10 hours ago, howlinhoss said:

My old one on its current bike...

IMG959696.jpg

• Like 1

Davidc45-

I’ve designed a belly pan for an fz 07. It will contain over 2 quarts

EB2C3E31-4BE8-40F1-847B-601B2F22A5E0.jpeg

32A49527-91C8-4E17-B625-9088A0BAF250.jpeg

• Like 4

stickshift

That looks fantastic... so does the bike.

Looks like you've tested the water pump guard?

Davidc45-

They work great to. Lowside at the track.

stickshift

Are they the yoshimura guards? 

I'm thinking of getting some for when my bike hits the track.