The MT-07 Forum

Rode the dragon tail yesterday!

djxn40

I have owned many bikes and I seriously think this 2017 fz07 is my all time favorite. I live near tulsa ok, actually about 40 miles west in the Mannford hills. Yesterday, me and my son rode to Arkansas to find the infamous dragon tail.
I have been to Arkansas many times on my last bike zx6r but I sold that bike 5 years ago. I bought this fz 07 about two months ago and other than riding into tulsa to work everyday I haven't really got to push the fz. I left the house at 7am and wss riding the dragon by 1130. I rode it several times. Until my arms were hurting from being so tired. And each time feeling more comfortable with the bike.
Well yesterday, I pushed it and I pushed it hard. Scraping my peg feelers, even once feeling the ground push my peg. I know our suspension is missing some key adjustments. I will be changing all that out but wow I never felt unstable. This bike was amazing in the hair pen corners and I absolutely rode fast and hard without any problems or cares. I will say I'm glad I got the abs version. I have had both and I can ride either but I do prefer the abs.

I truly was amazed how well it rode. I left the dragon at 3 ish and made it home by 730. I rode 750 miles all was pretty much straight. My breaks were few and far between. Only stopping every couple of hours for maybe 10 min. I never could have done that on most other bikes. I now have 4k on my bike. In only two months. Yes I'm not one to leave it in the garage. I'm going to ride the wheels off of it.

I wish I would have taken more pics
f2a0bd7247b4ebedf5ff72c220f566a9.jpg3a475d12a03c45b99bc81405177ba3b7.jpg16f7d496b8c3980dc2282c62589a19cf.jpg

Cool! Nice to see a dad out there teaching his son. Have you thought about doing a weekend camping trip when it cools off?

Beemer

That is awesome! Always nice to see someone out logging miles.

Like you, I've ridden several different bikes, but there's definitely something unique about the 07. I'm over the moon with mine.

Cool! Nice to see a dad out there teaching his son. Have you thought about doing a weekend camping trip when it cools off?
Yes! I love to camp at the buffalo. Me and my son have a track day coming up here soon. After that I'm ready to go to the buffalo river for a week or so

• Premium Member

Thats Cool Man, I'll be hitting the Dragon Tail here in Arkansas soon looking forward to it. I'm going to get it done soon as I don't want to wait until theres leaves all over the roads.

Where did you start? as in where did you pick it up on your first pass?

Archived