The MT-07 Forum

What is this thing???

yoloswaggins

• Premium Member

Certainly, dealer assembly can leave much to be desired. Thus, I suggested the owner of the dealership from whom I bought mine look at some of the posts here... and, pat himself and his assembler(s) on the back!!!

Took my dealer a month to get the parts needed after they knocked it over getting it out of the crate. They, of course, blamed Yamaha for not crating it properly.

They then back dated the inspection sticker to the month previous to my actual pick-up date, they back dated the registration a month from the date of sale (so 2 months before having the bike) and I lost a month of warranty in the process of waiting, waiting, waiting.

I'll never step foot in that shop again.

This is exactly why I have always believed it a good idea to go over your new bike with a keen eye and look for stuff like this. Strange parts handed to you upon taking delivery or found under the seat or in the tool pouch should be a red flag.
Agreed. When brought the FZ home from the craigslist seller, I noticed that I couldn't start the bike in first gear with the clutch in, and the kickstand up. After some thinking I noticed that the clutch lever switch that is under the clutch lever was unplugged just enough to where it wouldn't activate.  

Archived