The MT-07 Forum

What is this thing???

yoloswaggins

this came in a bag with the little tools and the strap for the cargo area under the rear seat. anyone know what it is? If a mod can make the pic smaller feel free to do so haha

fylvl4.jpg

That's called an "ignition key". If you insert this device in the ignition and turn it clockwise...the engine will now start by using the right side red colored switch. This will enable you to stop pushing the bike up and down the street making "varoom varoom" noises.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I didn't get one of those.  :-/  But it looks like a slide for something that pivots on a hinge.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

It looks like a bracket you can use to connect the rear brake reservoir tank when you delete the passenger pegs.

It's just a guess, I am not even sure if such a part actually exists.

• Global Moderator

Yes, that's it, it is a holder for the brake hose: 1WS-25886-00-00

Kudo's for @ricked1   :)

bracket.jpg

I was wondering what that was too... Mine also came with it loose in the black sleeve the suspension wrench came in, along with the black rubber band that goes in the "trunk."

EDIT:  Looking at the bike and the diagram, it seems the diagram is a bit deceiving.  My best guess is that it goes right up against part #23, left of the hose.  Looks like its job is to keep the hose inside the holder (upper part of #23), so the hose doesn't come loose out through the open end of the "U" (right there where the number pointer points to part #23).  

I think I might go install mine now, ha!  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I also didn't get the bracket.  But I did get a genuine Yamaha "One size fits all" watch band. ;)
IMG_1947.jpg

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Global Moderator

That's the strap that holds your toolkit in place under the passenger seat. It's made to big so it's loose, probably to accommodate extra tools and such. There are two small hooks where you can attach the strap to. You can see them if you take out the tool kit.

whoa thanks @ricked1 and @guru !
hey @aeisan i think you got it right, looks like its job is to keep the hose pressed in the U of the other bracket. I wonder why they left them out like that! I'm putting mine on first thing tomorrow morning

The reason you have that bracket laying on your table for the pic is because it is yet another part not put on your bike during assembly from the shipping crate.
Period.
That's why it was left out - whoever put the front wheel on either did not read the FZ-07 Assembly Manual or at least did not understand it.

This is exactly why I have always believed it a good idea to go over your new bike with a keen eye and look for stuff like this.
Strange parts handed to you upon taking delivery or found under the seat or in the tool pouch should be a red flag.

The reason you have that bracket laying on your table for the pic is because it is yet another part not put on your bike during assembly from the shipping crate. Period.
That's why it was left out - whoever put the front wheel on either did not read the FZ-07 Assembly Manual or at least did not understand it.

This is exactly why I have always believed it a good idea to go over your new bike with a keen eye and look for stuff like this.
Strange parts handed to you upon taking delivery or found under the seat or in the tool pouch should be a red flag.
Luckily they didn't just toss it in the trash!  

The reason you have that bracket laying on your table for the pic is because it is yet another part not put on your bike during assembly from the shipping crate. Period.

hey @YZEtc yeah makes sense. my dealers service department kinda sucks. I did my own oil change and they still charged me 190 dollars to lube n tension the chain, 'torque the chassis bolts', and sync the throttle bodies which I'm sure they didn't do since it was a new bike. that's if they actually put the bikes together, if not then that's a whole different can of worms haha

• Global Moderator

This is how they arrive at the dealer. So there is a bit of work to do for them, but it is not a box of lego. My tech at the dealer told me that the trickiest part was the front fender (where your dealer apparently forgot the bracket)

I would not have your dealer touch the bike anymore. Maybe you could warn fellow members by telling which dealer it is and where they are located.

IMG_0882a.jpg

@Guru yeah I only went to do the first service as I was advised if anything goes south they are better at handling warranty claims if you go to them first. It was probably a stupid excuse but whats done is done. I cant say that they're worse than the typical stealership just yet so I wont burn them like that for now.

For me, that bracket was on the wrong side of the wheel. I don't know if it was the dealer's "uncrating" that we paid so much for or what, but I had to move it over to the correct side to hold the brake line properly, then have them find the proper collar so my fender didn't rattle. I've found another bracket that looks out of place next to my rear master-cylinder. I'm gonna check that out next weekend.

That's called an "ignition key". If you insert this device in the ignition and turn it clockwise...the engine will now start by using the right side red colored switch. This will enable you to stop pushing the bike up and down the street making "varoom varoom" noises.
     ahh.....just another clever insult by Mr olderthandirt :-S 

• 10 months later...

At least they gave it back instead of just throwing it in the bin. Now I have to go check mine.

That rubber strap is just next to useless for it's intended purpose.

I never got the steel cable meant as a helmet lock. Someone at the shop clearly had a need for it.

Damn! Beat me to it!

Beemer

Archived