Sign in to follow this  
nmucat

Cycle Guys tail bag review

nmucat
As the title says this is a review of the cycke guys tail bag. I originally found the bag on eBay but then found it cheaper on Amazon and with prime account free shipping. I ended up saving $13 and got it pretty quick.

Overall: I like the bag and will do what I need it to. Expands and sips up nicely even with half cover still inside. Can even use seat for passenger with bag attached.

Attachememt: hooks up to the rear seat with a spandex and two crossing Velcro straps. There is some movement side to side on the seat. I would not put anything heavy in the bag as it might move around to much.

Capacity: plenty of room for spare shoes (8-10 size) or a jacket liner, bike cover or even two six packs (but would use additional tie down). Could easily pack in a change of clothes for quick weekend trip.

D55F57F4-6DF0-4ED6-9EF7-CF0604AEB881.jpg[/url

722487C6-ADF2-472F-BC85-ED738906AF94.jpg

2D3103E6-8BA4-491A-AA9D-27BC28C53876.jpg

E33B9B67-2756-44DA-8ED1-C99A1DD691BC.jpg

0EDB2AD8-E9EE-4EE8-81ED-23C27737AF20.jpg
  • Like 1

nmucat
The picture of the tail bag collapsed has my half cover in it. That's why it looks bulky

hippiebikerchick
Thanks for the review. CycleGuys makes at least 7 sizes in this bag, do you know which one you got? I think the #3 is supposed to fit the 07. It's still so new that no one seems to know for sure. Would a spare helmet faceshield and a quart size bottle of water fit in there ok?

Illegitimi non carborundum

nmucat
My bad, yes its a size 3 and yes those items would fit.
  • Like 1

hippiebikerchick
Mine arrived today, I love it!

Illegitimi non carborundum

scordiaboy515
Another choice out there in luggage......Nelson-Rigg stuff looks pretty spanky......http://nelsonrigg.com/store/Nelson-Rigg_CL_Luggage.aspx

Beemer
Looks big enough to put a small cooler of beer into, excellent!! Can't wait to get mine! I'll give a review on the beer later.

Beemer