The MT-07 Forum

Considering getting one soon!

nick93

I'm very interested in this bike and I've been researching it for about a month now. I have gone to the dealer twice in the last week and sat on every bike. This made my decision up. The fz-07 just feels perfect to me.

I was considering the cbr650f but there's just something about the fz-07 that really draws me to it. Sitting on it feels very nice and comfortable. Also I just love the looks :)

So now I have a few questions. I've been looking around about prices and I've made a few calls. I've been offered $7,400 OTD after doing some haggling. Now I still am looking to call another place. I'm trying to get Yamahas msrp OTD but I'm not sure if that's possible. If I wait until around December, will I get a better deal than right now?

This is my first time buying a brand new bike and this will be my second bike(cbr250r bought used in May this year). Thank you guys for any advice you can give me :)

• Premium Member

Are you putting anything down? Are you financing?

I put $500 down and got the extended warranty for two extra years. $7600 financed at 8.x%. I had em throw in two oil filters and two crush gaskets. Not the best deal but I was on dope* when I bought the bike.

If I'd had a clear head, I would have shot for the same price but I'd have had them throw in a service manual and financed at a much lower interest rate.

* literally. I was in an accident the previous weekend and was living on prescription opiates and muscle relaxers.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

What state are you in? There seems to be a range from MSRP to 8k+ so location plays a big factor.

Everything went braap.

I just talked to the other dealer... I am able to get this bike for $6,950 OTD!!! That is below msrp! I am perfectly happy with this price haha.

Now I just need to convince my girlfriend.

$7400 is a good deal. Getting MSRP as your OTD price will be tough with as popular as these bikes are. Late in the month and in winter if your in an area that has that season is a pretty good time to buy.

I love in Northern VA and it's just starting to cool down here lately. I bet I could at least get 1,000 miles on it before the winter though. The hardest part is convincing my girlfriend haha.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome nick93! I got gouged in California so can't help you with price but I bet if you can wait until the end of the year you'll get a better deal. The bike is so new it's still in high demand right now.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I cannot image you would do much better than the below MSRP that you were quoted, and you get it while there is still some good riding weather left. I would go for it. You will love the bike, I guarantee it (or your next post is free) :).

Well guys it looks like I'm just gonna wait until around March. I have been talking to my girlfriend about it and she said if I wait until march then she'll pay for half of it for me. Haha she really wants me to be happy but it's not worth purchasing it right now with the holidays coming up.

Anyway that gets me to thinking... It'll probably be really hard to get a good deal that time of year. Any word on when the 2016 will come out??? Just don't want to overpay.

• Global Moderator

That's a good one indeed!
No news on the 2016's yet. I highly doubt there will me much difference compared to the 2015's. Maybe other colors and the option of ABS.
But if I were buying n March next year, I would bring it up in my negotiation and buy an 2015 with a discount.

I love in Northern VA and it's just starting to cool down here lately. I bet I could at least get 1,000 miles on it before the winter though. The hardest part is convincing my girlfriend haha.

Check with Romney cycles for your best deal.

Archived