The MT-07 Forum

Rode a KTM 1290 Super Duke R

gyntry

Got the chance to hit up a demo day for KTM over in Minnesota on Monday.

Holy. Spaghetti. That is an insane bike. Was forced to keep it in "Street" mode and the bike was very much still a beast. Incredibly smooth with the fuel mapping, makes for a night/day difference from the FZ, especially with engine braking (and I have the 2WDW remap to improve this feeling). The thing is just so incredibly smooth when riding in town. Once we hit the back roads and opened up, it quite plainly is pants sh!ttingly fast.

I loved the HUD as well. Almost like a giant tablet.

Any questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can!

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

• Premium Member

I cannot seem to find the schedule for their demo day tour this year.

High performance along with high maintenance costs. My moms aid loves her BMW but hates the cost of repairs > $800 for a light assembly. Some things just aren't for the poor, even when used.

Beemer

High performance along with high maintenance costs. My moms aid loves her BMW but hates the cost of repairs > $800 for a light assembly. Some things just aren't for the poor, even when used.
Amen to that. Buddy of mine has an Aprilla... I envy the used price he got it for... I do not envy the maintenance costs. Just plain gross.

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The longer I ride, the older I get, the more $ I have...... The cheaper the bike I ride.

If you are planning to really ride it, and I do at least 30k a year, make sure parts and maintenance are cheap, otherwise cost of ownership far exceeds and eclipses any purchase price.

just my .02

'16 FZ07

Archived