The MT-07 Forum

goodbye MT 07

rhb

farewell guys, I just sold my MT 07, and bought a Triumph Street Twin, light years retro it suits me better and is a direct descendant of my first motorcycle, a 1965 Triumph TT Special. just 50 years ago. Thanks for all the help and advice received this past year, I'll be lurking around here no doubt. I'll post a pic when I get it.

walk_the_plank.jpg Ha! You had to know it was coming. I really don't blame you for doing that, I've always had the impression since seeing your first pics of that area that the FZ-07 may've been just a bit too wiley/much for those streets there. I could almost see myself cruising around there on an old BSA 500. See ya around, enjoy and let us know what you think of it (but don't bash the FZ too much, heh!)

th.jpg

Beemer

Ha! You had to know it was coming. I really don't blame you for doing that, I've always had the impression since seeing your first pics of that area that the FZ-07 may've been just a bit too wiley/much for those streets there. I could almost see myself cruising around there on an old BSA 500. See ya around, enjoy and let us know what you think of it (but don't bash the FZ too much, heh!)

HA HA, yes it was probably inevitable, being old school... literally. I'll never bash the MT 07, it was and is an awesome machine, but after tuning it to perfection, it began to scare me, it was so how to say, highly tuned, like a track bike. I found myself having to ride it fast to make it rideable, going slow was not an option. Fine for one up fast touring, but for anything else overkill here.
Truth be told I was looking for a Triumph when I bought the MT, but they were not being imported to the Philippines at that time. The MT 07 was actually the closest cheapest modern equivalent to be had. Complete with 270 degree crank parallel twin configuration. With more Torque than HP the Street twin delivers its power fro 0 to 120 KPH, where as the MT was perfectly happy at 180 KPH, so you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. And I should add I got an offer I couldn't refuse, 200 bucks less than I paid for it a year ago. of course less upgrades, but you really can't count those in resale value.

• Premium Member

All the best to you and your future rides.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Before you fade away into total paradise could you, would you, make a video of your new bike and also, if not too much trouble, get some juicy vid time of the awesome landscape outside of town. I don't care if it's an hour long. To me, the more the better. Thanks and stay frosteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Beemer

Before you fade away into total paradise could you, would you, make a video of your new bike and also, if not too much trouble, get some juicy vid time of the awesome landscape outside of town. I don't care if it's an hour long. To me, the more the better. Thanks and stay frosteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I'll be around, great people on this site, a lot of mutual respect which you don't see on other forums. I want to do an objective comparison of the MT07 and Bonny. pointing out in a positive way the differences, and they are profoundly different and similar at the same time. 
Vids to follow sure.

• 2 weeks later...

First semi long ride on my new Triumph,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KDX80QAnc&t=393s

pics and short still video of bike.
https://www.facebook.com/790840804284937/videos/1414170895285255/

This bike is not better than an MT07, it is just different, and something I needed to do given the rare opportunity to own one. The MT 07 was a hot rod,especially the way I set it up. It was and is awesome. I sold it for 200 bucks less than I paid for it a year ago, couldn't turn it down. And well the Triumph was my destiny actually.

Archived