The MT-07 Forum

Throttle Tube

jkzak

Ordered a throttle tube P/N; 2C0262400000. Stock is on the left and as you can see the outside diameter is bigger on the new tube. Did I order wrong? It won't fit in the stock housing.

20170820_185501.jpg

You'll probably have to slack off on the throttle cables just a tad. There are a couple ways to do this, at the throttle cams at the t-bodies or at the mid cable adjusters. (or a combo of both) The new tube appears larger but it's functional diameter is not. This is what gives it it's 'short throw' characteristics. It changes the rotational ratio making it a quick turn, i.e. more throttle opening per given rotation of the wrist. 

Size matters, really.

The extra slack should let you connect it up, then you can adjust the throttle as needed to suit.

• Premium Member

^ Exactly what @mossrider said

I had the same issue. I thought it was rubbing inside the housing when I changed it but turns out that the throttle cable was too tight and loosening it a lot got rid of the issue.

Sounds like the cables are too tight, check for for proper operation and cable slide with it apart, then carefully reassemble it paying special attention to having plenty of cable slack so it doesn't bind. A shot of Silicon spray lube while it's apart won't hurt either. 

Archived