The MT-07 Forum

The Yamaha T7 is being announced sometime soon

Edit: the t7 is not being announced on September 6th. It's a new side by side from Yamaha instead.

The T-7 is coming, just not in September 6th. Sorry for the false alarm!!

Ok, so Yamaha drops this little teaser vid about some some beautiful wilderness, with the caption that reads "your adventure awaits" September 6th.

So, the T-7 is about to be announced. But it seems to be aimed at Europe. Yamaha would be freaking nutts to not release this bike in the United States. The Africa Twin is selling like crazy in the USA.

Maybe they will do like they did with the FZ-07, and release it in Europe first, then in the USA the following summer? Why in the holy phuck they do it that way is beyond me.

If they only release it in Europe and skip the USA, I swear to God that I will close all of my Yamaha forums and burn all of my trident tshirts.

Ok, maybe not. But Yamaha, I know you read this forum. I see your ip addresses. Release the T7 in USA and CANADA!!! We will buy this !!

t7image.jpg

yamaha_t7_concept-2880x1620.jpg

Hope Yamaha brings Tracer 700 and this bike to North America.
^ I agree and Yamaha, I know you're listening, I have a gun held to my FZ-07's oil pan and if you don't bring those two bikes over here the FZ-07 gets it!  You got it?!! P-) Arrrrgh! 

Beemer

I can't wait to read the specs on this bike, I hope ABS is an option or at least can be turned off. I don't think I need the extra weight since weight is still a big concern for me. I have an XR-400 rolling chassis and may have to see if it can be modified to take my FZ engine...just a thought.

However, if this T-7 is close enough then the FZ may be history...mine anyway.

It would be nice if Yamaha had the serious dirt version as well as a lower more street version for wannabees with short legs and old guys with brittle bones...if only one model? then make it the serious one for sure.

The T7 concept looks awesome.

I don't think the production bike will look anything like it, but I hope Yamaha proves me wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

I jump the rail road tracks on me 07, slide, wheelie and its stock

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the instructors at my MSF course last weekend is waiting for this one to hit the US.  He's planning on trading his Super Tenere in for it.  Hopefully Yamaha isn't following the XSR700 roll out program...

• 8 months later...

My dealer talked to Yamaha rep , says they have no intentions of releasing bike in US.

Bike was designed for European market only . I didn't like the seat anyway. 

Liquidmetal

Dry weight of the bike?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

• 2 months later...

The 700 Tracer hasn't even made it over here yet, I have my doubts about either bike making it here, ever. I have a feeling they don't want to hurt the sales of the MT with anything else since it's selling so well. 

Beemer

If the release of the t7 is coming.... they will announce it during the eicma ! 

I'm ready and I have all booked , is anyone coming ? I doubt that someone will take a 9 hour flight to Italy but if that is the case .. the beer is on me 

• Global Moderator

I will be in Italy on vacation during EICMA.  I will have to see if I can make it there for a day. 

• Global Moderator

Rome, Naples, Venice (where we will leave for a cruise), and Florence.  It might be tough to get to Milan unfortunately. 

You will need a full day just to have a fast look and Rho fiera ( the place where the eicma is ) is a little hard to get to  😢

however ! Good luck with the vacation, the locations you choose are quite spectacular !

Archived