The MT-07 Forum

Hepco & Becker Engine Guard - Yamaha MT-07 FZ-07

nick13

After buying Chinese crash bars and trowing them straight in the garbage can next day, because they simply did not fit, I decided to go a little German and bought more expensive Hepco & Becker Engine Guard - Yamaha MT-07...
Oh boy, that was perfect example of old saying: You get what you pay for. Perfect fit, I mean it's perfect! And the bonus that you can leave the upper engine bracket (t-bone) in place, with Chinese bars they must go. German engineering shines again! Highly recommend. Toward winter I'll install on them small, clear knee wind-deflectors and maybe an air-horn - to scare nasty taxi drivers :-)

501.4537_2.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

There's no way around it: cheap stuff buys you headaches, good stuff is worth the headache! hahaha! Nice engine guard, like how it fits on the body, by the photo it doesn't look like it stands out a lot! 

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, nick13 said:

After buying Chinese crash bars and trowing them straight in the garbage can next day, because they simply did not fit, I decided to go a little German and bought more expensive Hepco & Becker Engine Guard - Yamaha MT-07...
Oh boy, that was perfect example of old saying: You get what you pay for. Perfect fit, I mean it's perfect! And the bonus that you can leave the upper engine bracket (t-bone) in place, with Chinese bars they must go. German engineering shines again! Highly recommend. Toward winter I'll install on them small, clear knee wind-deflectors and maybe an air-horn - to scare nasty taxi drivers 🙂

501.4537_2.jpg

Hey nick, have you installed the H&B engine guard? Impressions? This cage has been on my list for years. Thanks!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.